Guardian teir set

Where did you get the idea that a teir set was going to be a fix?

It’s just a teir set. An excellent multifaceted one at that. Regardless of the condition of guardian, this set bonus is pretty awesome when compared to previous sets.

You guys need to learn to take things at face value and stop with the incessant complaints.

2 Likes

The numbers would have too be jacked up a pretty good amount too effect that.
What the teir set does is nice just needs higher numbers on the defensive bits of it.

Your 2pc bonus is broken atm. A streamer played bear on ptr and showed his details of a key 20. It was 30% of his overall healing.
My wild guess is that it’s either a bug or “dmg taken” being calculated from pre-mitigation damage.
In both cases, this tier set is completely broken for druid. If they leave it this way, druid will dominate raid and pvp.

2 Likes

yeah, this is real bad news.

1 Like

Because that’s how Blizzard works. Bear will be propped up by this tier set and Blizzard will look and say “whelp, Bear is performing where we want it to, it must be in a good spot, no need to fix it”

2 Likes

Not really, I think they will fix it for raid and pvp balance. And a tier set shouldn’t have that much of power.

Depends on what/where his other healing came from really. Bigger damage intake, bigger heals

You know these “bandaid” fixes and what not, are how the classes are made and tuned right?

They make specs work/weak to start out with the idea of tier sets in mind. Am I saying this is why Bears are they way they are now? No.

But changes and tuning are done (whether we like it or understand it at the time or not), with tier sets in mind.

Like Prot Was is cool and all, but it technically is just a “Renewal” and then the current tier set with OVs damage reduction just moved to Last Stand instead of Revenge

Yeah I’m sure the numbers will be tweaked from what they are currently. Which is disappointing. I’m more excited for the increased damage output to put back into UF, especially if Bristling Fur is affected by the increased rage generation :wink:

No, you use that passively and use the actual button when you know a gap is there and you won’t have it. When you know a buster is coming, you press the actual button. Getting free brands is far better than you’re pretending, for the great damage it provides too.

6% DR is excellent if only being killed instantly wasn’t the issue. 15% hp will help somewhat but I agree that even more baseline HP buffs (i.e., mastery) will move the survival needle from “possible” to “plausible”. Either way, I feel the S1 tier set was far more interesting. S2 will be fine, considering the new level of power being rolled up, but not necessarily because of tier.

A teir set “fixing” a class is not a good thing, this just means now bear is doing somewhat better while the other tanks which are just straight up better in every category (especially prot pally) are just getting even stronger.
Another reason why its just bad is getting teir in general takes time, sometimes a significant amount of time, to get. I git super lucky at launch and got full teir week 2. Others in my guild didnt get it until about 2 weeks after catalyst launch.

If they want too make this teir set fix bear then they need too basically double the numbers on the defensive portion of it.
Or actually just take the max health bit out of teir and just give it to bear as a passive.

Btw prot pally is actually getting the 15% max hp stuff as a talent aswell soo. They will be pretty much be matching our healthbar before we get teir.

2 Likes

Prot War is very lackluster. Not really getting much stronger at all.

But anyway, if we look at in the grand scheme of things, this tier set isn’t addressing ANY of the complaints people had about Bears in season 1, which is their lack of CDs.

We didn’t gain another one to rotate in, and you’re complaining that 15% hp is next to nothing.

So we got a damage increase. Yet, everyone is seeming to be praising these changes. Weird…

Bad bears will continue to be bad. This isn’t going to change anything for them.

And we can’t really say that Bears are bad tanks when they’re about .5 keys behind everyone else.

Top Bear is ranked 21st overall for tanks.
Top DK is ranked 14th
Top VH is ranked 10th
Top Monk is ranked 4th
Top Warriors is ranked 2nd
Top Paladin is ranked 1st

Bears are right there in the running with everyone else which isn’t bad seeing as they’re the least represented in 25+ keys.

Ehhhh, near perma 15% health is functionally the same as a near perma CD. The whole point of a DR CD is to help you survive a large amount of incoming damage. Buffing your max health does the same thing (although weakens healing recovery for most healers).

It’s honestly a big part of what druids need to be more meta.

As for Squishvegan, I have no idea how he’s doing it. It’s pretty awesome. He’s miles ahead of the next best Guardian. 21st place vs 136th.

But he is using the build that’s going to get nerfed. So there’s that.

Well, with next season and next tier set pushing UF up a lot, I bet he’ll make that work to his advantage as well.

Yea. There’s a gap between 10.0.7 and 10.1 that doesn’t look amazing for us. It’ll feel unfortunate if the highest we go this season is over this week because only 1 build could push us that high

I think you need to have a look at his healer as well. And also what kind of dps he brings with him (what cc they bring rather)

Also a thought, is will most of the top healers avoid grouping with a guardian druid due to much more effort required from them, and thereby also making the amount of high rated bears even lower.

Squichvegan probably has a good friend who is an amazing healer…

All top tanks have good friends who are amazing healers. This isn’t exclusive to Bears

What do you mean last stand isnt strong?
It can give rage increase with shield block and percentage max hp.
Now it also gives dmg and gets reduced by their main cd.
This xpac (just like shadowlands) is built around cds now. The more cds you can get often the better.

Its just very odd that of all tanks to not get more cds going its bear. Bdk, vengeance, and prot warrior get more cd usage for whatever reason, just odd bear dosent get it.

The bear teir defensively is just weak, its just more and more offensive nonsense.
Will say though the 6% dmg taken healed back is healing for alot more then it realistically should be, if that is kept then this will be allright.
But going based off of them nerfing the things they do on bear, ima go with they will probably change it for the worse.

Warriors were never struggling with rage generation. So that’s pointless.

Like I said, it turns into a renewal. It’s a 30% instant heal with temporary HP increase.

But you were talking down on bears HP increase which is practically permanent.

Aside from that, it turns into:

Is 15% going to be enough?

Honestly, as much as I like this set bonus, I would be very surprised it makes it through PTR intact.

Which is how we build shields?!

C’mon now.

1 Like

He plays a very offensive build while requiring 22k EHPS in AV 25, compared to a Prot Warrior who needs 13k. His healer doesn’t “carry” him per se but he does need a much stronger healer.