Guardian spec bonuses

For this specialization, in Season 4, I would like the bonuses (updated) from:

Para esta especialización, en la temporada 4, me gustarían las bonificaciones (actualizadas) de:

Para esta especialização na Série 4, quero os bônus (atualizados) da:

• Season 1 / Temporada 1 / Série 1
  • Season 2 / Temporada 2 / Série 2
  • Season 3 / Temporada 3 / Série 3
0 voters

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/choose-your-own-gear-in-dragonflight-season-4/1760899/1

3 Likes

So let’s be real here, the votes aren’t really for the funnest spec but rather the most OP one. Personally I like the current season’s bonus but it’s just too weak to be competitive. I just hope whatever the end result of these polls are that we get a bit more balance than we have right now. Some sets (such as Guardian Druid) this season are just so behind the others that most groups won’t even take us.

10 Likes

The fact that Guardians are far less seen in PUGs (even low-mid keys) unless they’re either leading or a core part of an established group/raid, at a super high ilvl or already KSM/KSH+ shows how hard the Bear nerf was for a lot of folks, and not even from a skill / ability perspective. Even if meta can be BS at times not everyone has designated groups and PUGs do follow lists. Giving bears back S2 bonuses would more than make up for it.

6 Likes

Can we also vote to remove all those Gaurdian nerfs because of the God-Comp of season 2? Because those nerfs have really hurt. Thank you.

17 Likes

Can we also vote to return incarnation to have thrash be off CD?

21 Likes

Yeah I agree. The season 3 bonus is fun but compared to just how strong season 2 was…

Season 3 bonus is fun, but it’s also fun not feeling like a burden

4 Likes

S3 tier incentivizes deliberately attempting to take more damage to make full use of it. Unless this would be changed… I don’t see it as a viable option. Encouraging folks to not press active mitigation to make full use of thorns is (and was) a bad idea…

3 Likes

I’m going to echo what others have said in that Season 3 set is fine, in a vacuum. But when compared to the other tanks this tier, it’s just not great. So it’s little wonder that Season 2 is so heavily voted at the moment and will probably continue to be over the coming week.

Voted - but not super excited about it

Season 1 Bonus has potential but would need to be massively buffed - surprisingly the 2 piece was the best park of S1 - 4 piece was trash

Season 2 set is well balanced if not too good - 2 piece was better than S1 4 piece, hmm?

Season 3 is actually very powerful if ramped up but is super niche and not very flavorful to the whole druid theme - plus we have plenty of absorbs already

Season 1

• (2) Set Bonus: Using Mangle with Gore also deals 30% of damage dealt to nearby enemies, damage reduced beyond 5 targets. It also increases your damage done and reduces damage you take by 5% for 6 seconds.

• (4) Set Bonus: Gore has a 5% increased chance to trigger. Using Mangle with Gore heals you for [(135% of Attack power) * (1 + Versatility)] health over 6 seconds.

Season 2

• (2) Set Bonus: When you take damage, Mangle and Thrash damage and Rage generation are increased by 15% for 8 sec and you heal for 6% of damage taken over 8 sec.

• (4) Set Bonus: Raze/Maul damage increased by 20% and casting Ironfur or Raze/Maul increases your maximum health by 3% for 12 sec, stacking 5 times.

Season 3

• (2) Set Bonus: Rage you spend during Rage of the Sleeper fuel the growth of Dream Thorns, which wreath you in their protection after Rage of the Sleeper expires, absorbing 25% of damage dealt to you while the thorns remain, up to (660 / 100 * Attack power) per 20 Rage spent.

• (4) Set Bonus: Each 40 Rage you spend while Rage of the Sleeper is active extends its duration by 1.0 sec, up to 5.0. Your Dream Thorns become Blazing Thorns, causing 100% of damage absorbed to be reflected at the attacker.

Thanks

6 Likes

I only played S2 until i got KSM/KSH then took a 6 month break so i didnt get to experience the glory os S2, but i liked S2 simply for the damage output of Raze :slight_smile:

It’s really funny you guys even put up a vote. It’s also really funny that this is the first Guardian-focused post you guys have made for the entire time Dragonflight has been out. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I really enjoy this seasons bonus, playing 478 druid with the galactic guardian build and doing 100k dps on bosses in 18+ keys and 150k overall so im happy with whatever tier bonus we get =)

Theres more Bears in S3 than there were in S2. And not just a raw numbers standpoint. Theres a higher percentage of all tanks being Bears AFTER the nerfs

1 Like

Explain this to me? I don’t think we’re looking at the same data.

Season 3 which isnt over yet is rocking 14.2% of all tank representation as opposed to seasons 2s 13%

Ooh, I wasn’t considering low level keys. That’s interesting, because I know at some point bears were 85% of all keys over 25.

Can someone explain to me what is fun about the Amirdrassil set bonus? To me it just looks like a watered down Ignore Pain ya’ll get every minute with the 4pc giving it a thorns effect.

At least with the S2 bonus ya’ll will be good again.

Yeah the person i was reaponsing to was saying bears are rare even in low-mid keys.

Even in s2 Druids only make up 15% of 25+ keys while Paladins and DHs at 42% and 30%

Like everyone is talking up how good Guardian was in S2 and im not seeing it reflected in the data lol

Yeah, bears were still bad in the first half of the season, people seem to forget that part. Bears got 1/2 a season being good.

Pretty much doubles the duration of Rage with its shield and gives a nice DPS boost to boot