Guardian Druid Mage Tower Appearance "Cave Bear" Dilemma

Who is “we”?

Sorry, but MT appearances are gone forever

1 Like

Appearances, maybe. But the models? Surely, they can just throw a new set of paint on some of those and put them up again.

3 Likes

1> Blizzard breaks their own rule on this ALL THE TIME. There is no argument when Blizz cannot “stick to the rules.”

2> The Proto-drakes rewarded for the two “undying” achv WERE IN FACT announced as being time-sensitive. Not that it needed such, it doesn’t make sense to have an Achv for “not dying” for the first raid of an expac, that you could then simply outgear as the expac went along. This is why AOTC Achvs are removed.

But for some reason, this lie is being passed around like it’s a … former-President’s rally and we’re all supposed to just nod and follow along. The Drakes WERE SPECIAL and Blizzard RUINED THAT by putting them in the BMAH.

3> We have “keep rare stuff” camps and we have “loose up the restrictions” camps. As a HARDCORE collector I offer a compromise:

After, say, 5 years? … put it all up for grabs in the BMAH. After 5 years, you’ve had enough time to flaunt your epeen. And if you are really that kind of special person and still say “no” … then the TIME STAMP on the Achv will still prove what a special little go-getter you are. The current “KEEP THINGS SPECIAL” outrage is ENTIRELY UNNECESSARY when we have the Achv system that time stamps EVERYTHING.

Want to prove you’re special? Whip out your rare thing. Oh … some scrub has it too? Link your Achv and see who actually EARNED IT, and who just bought a token and paid for it from the BMAH.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

No rare item should take more than 100 attempts (I see FF stole this idea from me! I congratulate them!), and no item should still be locked away after 5 years. Make it so!

2 Likes

This mount is a perfect example for the MT appearances. Unique looking mount (at the time). Could only get it through doing heroic or higher raids so it was a challenge. Then it went away, but… “get it now because it’s gone!”

They can’t possible add more moose mounts…

Blizzard, stop! My unique mount and sense of uniqueness is crumbling. No more moose!

Please…

Pretty sure you get the point.

6 Likes

to be fair, Wildstar had a lot more issues than limited time things.

a few game play issues i see is log in rewards. bag space was too small to handle the JUNK they gave you for logging in. so what does game play turn into? a bag management simulator. and the game is a lot less playable with a full inventory.

Blizzard is close approaching this full inventory problem with the ever growing need to have multiple items for multiple sections of content. imo, 9.1.5 should bring profession updates like better gems, bigger bags. we need at least 4 extra slots per bag or some other system needs to be created so we can store legos like the boa looms. maybe even both.

Wildstar also had optimization issues which tends to create a bad game play experience. its that kind of prolonged experience that keeps players away long after its fixed.

If Wildstar had the ability to do a FF14 reset, it might have been able to survive through rebirth.

1 Like

I hope that mage tower appearances will come back with the legion timewalking…

2 Likes

If it were a color variation not connected to the original four, I’d support it. I also support more forms and cosmetics, because there’s no reason BfA and Shadowlands shouldn’t have their own versions of the Mage Tower with equal quality rewards other than they’re just being very lazy about cosmetics.

1 Like

^ Same. If it was possible to have different cave bear variants, but not the originals, I’d be game. It’d be nice to have a variant of all those I skipped. To be honest, though, I do wish timewalking were a bit more true to its name. When you go back in time, your character power isn’t reset. You don’t gain the abilities you had back then, or anything like it. That was part of the challenge. To play it in its current difficulty, much like green fire and “of the black harvest”.

They could’ve even sold the idea with full time timewalking if that were to be in retail, vs having full classic remakes. Your character gets teleported back in time with only gear and items/bank objects/etc from that time period in that phase. At least it sounds like it would’ve been neat.

I’m happy to see someone else say this.

I don’t think hulkbear should be able to be bought but brought back as a new challenge for ppl to “work” towards.

It makes me sadder by the day that druids skins have been so lame, for so long.

1 Like

Agreed.

I’m somehow who thinks exclusivity isn’t a bad thing, however that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t get other colors of those forms, or new forms.

But the thing is, Blizzard has been consistently failing with cosmetic appearances since Legion. Removing tier sets was a mistake, and the armor and weapons added have been of lower quality. It’s clear people want more cosmetics, including transmog and druid forms, so that would be such an easy win for Blizzard. Instead, they focus on mounts, which I’m not really sure why the hyper fixation on mounts lately. It’s almost an unhealthy obsession, hah.

1 Like

Being a bear I am all for this!! No, no I am not sorry to say. I had my chance along with others and it is a specific time period and achievement earned by people then. They deserve their reward and significant look . I would love to go back and be able to do it with an updated level but it is what it is they earned it I didn’t.

1 Like

If we get a challenge mode for a long term use (not as a limited time option) with hard to earn new and old rewards it would be work.

So true. People should have been playing from Vanilla and always been playing this game. If you are a new player who came in after Legion you don’t deserve to get things from previous expansions. Only the TRUE World of Warcraft gamers deserve arbitrarily gated items and transmogs.

/s

When it’s content advertised as an expansion exclusive, correct. Said new player isn’t entitled to those items. Sucks to be them.

1 Like

Seriously, sucks to be you if you miss out on stuff in life. Guess what sparky, any MMO you join today, UNLESS it is brand spanking new is going to have limited timed items you will never be able to get. That is just how marketing and promotionals work.

1 Like

Not to talk about the ‘fairness’ or whatever, I’m just going to say that the reason the mage tower was popular was 2 reasons imo.

1. The fights were solo, so not much pressure.

2. The main reason: The looks were amazing. Too freaking cool.

I’m going to call it right now, the new outfits aren’t going to be enough to make mage tower pop off this time.