Guardian Druid Mage Tower Appearance "Cave Bear" Dilemma

Hi All!

I realized that the mage tower appearances one of the most popular theme in the game currently. I spoke with so much peoples about it and I decided to make an in game community for ideas.
The suprisingly highlightened thing was the guardian druid mage tower appearance form because the “cave bear” form use an unique model and there’s no simmilar obtainable form currently that working with this model.

We would like to see back an obtainable “cave bear” form recolored version in the future (or we would like to get a new druid form that working with this model) if it possible. I think one of the possible way to we get it the BMAH(you can obtain so much good things like sets, mounts, weapons… etc in the BMAH) or Legion Timewalking.
It would be great for the druid players. It could provide more possibilities to express yourself as a druid because the obtainable transmogs for the other classes give a more various customisation options than the druid forms.

I posted this topic on the Eu forum and I’m very interested about your ideas!

Thank You in advance for the ideas!

26 Likes

Nah.

/10char

26 Likes

No. The BMAH is only for things which were discontinued that were not told to be time sensitive, AKA T3 from Naxxramas, or the proto drake mounts from Wrath Naxx. Etc. Or extremely rare things that’re currently still in the game. Tusks of Mannoroth, Invincible, etc.

Time sensitive means time sensitive.

24 Likes

0-post level 10
Definitely not bait.

8 Likes

Brace yourself for the flood of people telling you that you missed out and that limited time things should stay limited time. Bleh bleh bleh.
Haves and Have Nots kill me in this stuff. It’s pixels, digital stuff that you dont actually have or own… don’t be all “my precious” about it.

Good luck in your endeavors OP.

20 Likes

Sounds like a good idea!

2 Likes

No. They were time limited and just because you weren’t around then or chose not to do them doesn’t mean you should get them now.

10 Likes

Stop begging for scraps of old content and ask for NEW druid forms.

17 Likes

Devil’s advocate (i dont really care) but if its “just pixels” the have nots should be equally ok with waiting for something else. Its not “my precious, I must haves it” level stuff… right?

8 Likes

I am kind of torn on this.

On the one hand, there are people who didn’t get the chance to get these appearances. Some didnt even play Legion. There should be some way to get them.

On the other hand… I like the sort of rarity and exclusivity. Using a Mage Tower appearance shows I played the Game during a certain time, and performed a spec based challenge. People ask me where I got it.

My Druid did the Resto, Guardian, and Balance Mage Tower challenges.

I guess the best sort of compromise would be to make the actual models available somehow, but less cool looking. Maybe Blizzard releases a Time Walking Mage Tower type thing, and the reward is the Mage Tower appearance - but bright Orange. Or dull grey.

So Druids could earn that Bear form - but it would be bright orange or dull grey, to differentiate from someone who earned it in Legion. Same with the weapons others get. Like this Affliction staff - make it available, but in a bright orange or dull grey.

3 Likes

I can agree with that. I dont have it and don’t worry about it.
The devs have eluded to there not being another mage tower-like cosmetic rewards system several times now. So waiting could be a long game for those who want it.

3 Likes

God no.

/10char

4 Likes

Bring back the active tower, let people get the skins. Label the ones earned during that time it was live as ‘ancient’. There. New players can earn the skin but not the ancient title that comes with it.

Problem solved.

6 Likes

You did, huh?

Nobody calls it cave bear. Werebear, harambear, gorilla bear. I call the black tint werebadgerbear, but that’s just me.

Shadina’s always got it.

2 Likes

I feel like druids get the most focus when it comes to Mage Tower nostalgia simply because they don’t really have other options available. Simplest solution is just to make more druid forms. It was a massive missed opportunity to not have Covenant forms for them.

12 Likes

there to big dont get then , u dont lack anythig .

3 Likes

Mage Tower Timewalking would be great for these options. Same with timewalking for the old class sets from the challenge modes. Though I think we should be able to do mythic plus timewalking.

6 Likes

Well, hey. At least we got a ton of soul shapes that won’t be available next expansion, and 9.1.5 is bringing Crittershape! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay… :expressionless:

Guess they said something about a travel form coming in 9.1.5, so that’s one step in the right direction I guess. I just don’t personally understand chugging more work into soulshapes.

It’s a bit depressing a lot of the spell effects and unique options of covenant spells will disappear after this xpac. So much work to just go the way of the buffalo. I guess the same can be said for all the Azerite Essences too.

Yeah, soulshapes are just a little irksome to me. One out of four covenants get customization options, while the other 3 get nothing. It just seems so meh to me. Even though it’s silly, but why not add some customizations for the little Kyrian Owl helper you can summon? Some hats he can wear or different songs he could play… Etc etc.

And yes, just for them to go away is extra lame. Most people are already advocating that these soulshapes (or some of them) could become Shaman Ghost Wolf forms… Since Shaman love is hard to come by. Why can’t a mage’s blink take some of the animation from Door of Shadows or whatever the Venthyr teleport is called? Just to take a little piece of SL with us when we leave…

I don’t know - just ideas lol.

2 Likes