Guardian Druid Mage Tower Appearance "Cave Bear" Dilemma

It says right here “with the exception of the mage tower and mythic keystone 15 challenge appearances”. They went back on the M+ 15 keystone appearance before it was ever officially taken out because the system was grandfathered into BFA and it wouldn’t make sense. The mage tower, however, was never backed out on, and was properly removed.

This statement is: “It’s never coming back.”

4 Likes

ALL of the mage tower appearances were unique models.

I didn’t get all the ones I wanted either. There are other things removed from the game which I also didn’t get despite having been playing while they were available. These topics are really stale. Move on already.

3 Likes

They stated all non-mage tower appearances can be obtained after Legion. What they did not state was mage tower appearances cannot be obtained after Legion.

Do you have any statements from them where they explicitly say that MT apperances will not be available after Legion?

The statement provided as written does not explicitly state that MT appearances will be unobtainable after Legion ends, it simply says non-MT appearances can be obtained after Legion.

Think legalese here. For example, “not disapproved” does not mean “approved”, etc. Yes this sounds nitpicky.

I guess in the end it doesn’t really matter anyways, because Blizzard can and has walked back on their hardline stances/words in the past (e.g. “no flying”), so we’ll see what happens here.

If they’re going to make a move, TW Legion is the place to do it.

2 Likes

So much entitlement.

1 Like

I have all 36 appearances and I believe nothing should ever be removed. We pay for the game so we should always be able to acquire the things we pay for.

5 Likes

Exclusivity is what makes them cool, and therefore desirable.

Somebody has something you don’t have and can no longer get. They worked for it. Deal with it rather than stamping your feet and crying about it.

I blame things like “every team gets a pizza party and a trophy” for the overwhelming sense of entitlement we see here today. Have some personal pride.

2 Likes

No, how they look is what makes them cool.

Exclusivity makes certain people feel cool that they have something someone else doesn’t.

3 Likes

I’m in your corner. I think removing the obtainability of those druid appearances does nothing good for the game.

On one hand you have people that feel like they’re better than everyone else because they have something nobody else can get anymore, which is a horrible disposition to promote, IMO. Really encourages the toxicity that the game seems to have built up.

On the other, you have new players who will never be able to obtain that look as a druid.

I, personally, don’t support the idea that something is valuable because it was a relic of time in a game that should be constantly growing, not shrinking. I also don’t like the idea of it being on the BMAH.

The value of being punished for not “being there” in a game like this is stupid and I will never agree with anyone who thinks otherwise.

2 Likes

Snowflakes demand that they get something *for the sole reason that someone else has it. *

This is the the result of a generation of kids who got trophies even when they came in last. Incredibly entitled.

2 Likes

This is the furthest thing from the truth. The people that want mage tower to return don’t care about other people having the appearances, they want the appearances because they look amazing.

The only people who care about what other players have are people like you that want to keep items exclusive. Ironic

3 Likes

Wrong.

If Jordans were $12 and sold at Walmart, no one would want them.

1 Like

Terrible comparison. Walmart is super successful because the masses are constantly buying their cheap products lmao.

If Jordans were $12 and sold at Walmart tomorrow they would sell out within a day.

Not like this comparison even relates to what we’re talking about it. Little delusional bro

2 Likes

I have everything I wanted that was removed. I just don’t like them removing content from the game. Never have.

The only “snowflakes” are the people who need to feel like they’re special for having something that nobody else can work to obtain.

I don’t believe your personal value should come at the expense of others, and I feel that by promoting that vibe, they’re further promoting toxicity by supporting your schadenfreude.

My 2 copper.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Personally, I think they should be back in general but in a rotation such as Legion Timewalking.

I wouldn’t care one bit if someone else got something I already have in time exclusive content. I’d be happy for them if they’re happy.

At the end of the day, it’s just a video game and anyone puts pixels into pedestals and tells other people “tImE sEnsITiVe iS tImE sEnsITiVe” should reevaluate something what’s valuable or what’s not and learn what it is to share.

Sharing, that’s like kindergarden stuff that many people seem to forget about and people defending exclusivity for wrong reasons.

4 Likes

I don’t believe in getting something if you come last.

I don’t like Injustice tho.

Incredibly artard of blizz to remove skins - like for druids -

Crazy

3 Likes

They also had a history of bringing things back into the game with reskins. Like the spider mounts from AQ, or the MoP challenge form xmog, or the ZG tiger/bear.

Lemme keep the white skin (or whatever the base one is) and throw, like, a grey or deep black one somewhere or something.

(Also, I’d love more colorations for these forms anyway)

2 Likes

Skunk bear is deep black but I hear you and I agree.

I’ve always loved the white but new colors would be awesome.

2 Likes

All Mage tower appearances should be rewards for doing Torghast. There is not sense in not having a way to get these. What is the point in making people feel special that no longer or have any intent on playing the game anymore.

I would like to see alot of things put back in the game.

Thank you.

6 Likes

People would still buy them.

Look at Bugatti, one of the most desired cars in the world, yeah? Everyone wants one. It’s exclusive to own one.

Look at Honda, one of the most sold cars in the world. Lots of people have them. Not exclusive to own one.

Guess who makes more money? Honda or the Bugatti brand owned by VW? Once you figure that out, you’ll understand that Blizzard (a business) should make things more accessable to people.

Time limited content wasn’t meant to provide you with a sense of pride. Time limited content was meant to provide an incentive for you to stay when they had a content drought and to pad their bottom line for their latest earnings report.

It’s those “get it now before it’s gone” sales. But you know what, some of those sales happen, year over year. It’s all marketing.

Blizzard should just return the tower or make new appearances using those models. Because, when players find themselves with less things to do (casuals) they jump ship and go play FFXIV.

So you can still find a sense of pride in your mage tower appearance jumping around Oribos on your dead server with less people to play with because the game throws away old content far too often.