Guardian Druid Mage Tower Appearance "Cave Bear" Dilemma

Probably because it’s essentially zero work. They just take an existing creature model and apply the blue filter to it. I imagine it takes like five minutes lol

Also they better not take it away next expansion. Soulshape is my new favorite thing for running around town.

I imagine! But I’d rather see some of these animals just be shaman ghost wolf forms (may need to change the spell name lol)… I’d assume that takes just as much work… or maybe some of those Legion demon models getting added to a warlock demon pet kit via glyphs. Would only have to shrink them up or down a little bit.

Everyone seems to love class/character customizations, and they always seem to be big wins with the crowd most of the time. Would just rather see them put that same low effort into that than soulshapes.

Ahh well. More Crittershape it is I guess.

I’ve got no problem with them keeping the Mage Tower appearance exclusive to those who were around to get it at the time, but there’s no reason they couldn’t add a new bear form based on the skeleton. It’s too unique/interesting to be left to languish with an increasingly small portion of players.

I’m honestly more than a bit disappointed they didn’t use covenants as a justification to add new druid forms in general.

3 Likes

Just stick it in the barber shop with all the other looks. Who cares? If it makes people happy and want to play more then it’s a good thing.

2 Likes

should have played during legion.

also: this

9 Likes

I can take it… :laughing:

7 Likes

Being one of those that never stepped foot in the mage tower. Due to not
playing a character that was high enough level what little I did play.
I say NO. Bring back the mage tower, or something like it, with all new items
to collect. But the original mage tower items should never be available again.

I read your post wrong so my post had no relevance :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I will not give up on this noble cause!

1 Like

I guess the corehound, brutosaur, arcanite ripper, etc. should be removed then by that logic.

2 Likes

I see no problems with this at all. Will only make more players happy.

But there is going to be that 0.01% that nEeDs tO fLeX with pixels.
“i pLaYeD lEgIOn aNd gOt iT. YoU diDn’T. ToO bAd lOosEr”.

I never understood people who flex ingame over something. I can only imagine it’s because they got nothing to show IRL and this game is all they got to compensate with.

8 Likes

As someone who regrets not getting it, the model shouldn’t be brought back with recolors. (I’m so sick of recolors watering down every cool thing)

They should however make some new form of limited time challenge content with new cool models for all classes that everyone can work for now.

1 Like

Yeah, this makes absolutely no sense to me.

Why design your game in such a way that it doesn’t grow? Why remove content? Horrible plan.

2 Likes

No. No more “limited time challenge content”. They need to be implementing challenging content that is intended to be challenging and accessible for the remaining life of the game.

4 Likes

I have never once had a friend who no longer plays WoW tell me;

“oh really, Blizzard has a limited time event for X, Y, Z thing. I need to resub so I can get me some of that.”

The only group limited time event garbage appeals to is country club gamers who spank over in game spangle.

I have the form on my account, but I would not be opposed to a similar type of trial as the mage towers in order to get new Forms. I know some say it was easy to get the forms, yeah towards the end of the expansion it was easier but I would not say easy. You actually needed to know how to play your character in order to get them.
If you were just face rolling you likely would not have been able to get the appearances. It was like a skill checkpoint. A skill checkpoint just as rough … yeah I would have no problem with the appearance being available , but the simple fact is people would fuss that it was too hard to obtain. Trust me, it happened plenty when it was current content.

Edited to add ** How about some actual moonkin skins to choose from? Maybe Sabercat forms. I personally love the Mage tower bear because it is so much easier to see wth I am fighting. I am looking more down from bear shoulders and less up from a bear butt.

thats my only gripe about mage tower stuff. ‘werebear’ literally changes the model of my bear. i can get over the glowing cat skins. i could care less about weapon mogs that we cant obtain anymore. they are all just recolors. the ‘werebear’ completely changes my bear. its so frustrating its not obtainable in the game.

i get it though. promotional thing. advertised as limited time only. blah blah blah. id be upset too if i spent a ton of effort cramming all my toons into the mage tower, knowing it would be taken away, and then it comes back for all.

then id get over it, because, you know, i have other reasons to be upset in life.

I stopped playing my bear due to lack of options. Simple as that.

1 Like

[quote=“Galassin-stormrage, post:39, topic:1075062, full:true”]id be upset too if i spent a ton of effort cramming all my toons into the mage tower, knowing it would be taken away, and then it comes back for all.
[/quote]

I wouldn’t. The more the merrier.

2 Likes