Guardian 4pc Nerf - LOL

Sorry for my Guardian Druid friends but you know how insanely powerful 4p was in dungeons, especially if you pulled around your own cds. Had one doing 13.6k overall, almost as much as the havoc dh. I never see other tanks passing 11k overall. Maybe they do at higher levels than I’m doing but I’m sure bears are even better at those levels as well. I think the 35% nerf was absolutely merited, bears will still bring amazing AoE, and the ST will be less than other tanks to balance.

Uhh ok? I’m far from the best DH and that’s ok, I don’t play like the top 1% because I don’t understand how to min max to that degree. My point still stands, most feral druids fail and can’t do damage.

Feral is still having problems and the dps is mediocre for all the work that you put in to do it.

(My most geared is Origin-Velen btw. Have fun shaming my logs!)

I feel like letting tanks do more AoE dps than actual dps classes was a mistake. Just make them generate more threat.

I mean, the whole AoE thing with limited targets except for certain classes/abilities is certainly a mistake, imho.

Bears are absolutely bonkers. Give that mojo to Feral druids.

1 Like

It’s not easier because what has happened is a huge amount of damage roles but no one wanting to tank or heal. People will literally take any tank off the street from desperation.

I did a key way past my comfort zone as a tank and they helped pull things for me and would run where I needed to go. It was easy and they cleared the trash so fast all I had to do was tag things and keep up.

right. threat is tied to damage.

I can give you four free tips right here right now:

1. I see you’re using the Blind Fury talent, try to spend more fury before using eye beam.
  2. Since you’re not using first blood, don’t cast blade dance on single target (or when it will only hit one target - you can use enemy range check to see this)
  3. You need a +15 agility enchant on your boots
  4. Try to use potions of spectral agility (usually on pull of a boss or a big group in M+) they can be expensive but they’re worth it!
2 Likes

Completely forgot to enchant them after I looted them in M+, thanks. And yeah I def need to add more pots. I only use blade dance during trash in M+ or in groups of 3 or more mobs.

1 Like

Elemental Shams would love to have a conversation with you.

When people legit swapped off Ursoc’s Fury Remembered - one of the most insane leggos ever created, that has single-handedly propped up the entire spec this expansion - for Rage of the Sleeper, it was obvious a nerf was coming down the pipeline.

nah, a 350% nerf would’ve been insane, they didn’t misplace the decimal.

1 Like

And what was their overall damage in that dungeon? Guardian druids are second to last on overall damage in M+. They can do a lot of damage every 3 minutes, otherwise have poor output while other tanks just do consistent damage.

Things were already balanced, you’re just upset because every once in a while they would make the DPS look bad.

Hence why Guardian Druids pull around their CDs.

Pull 1-2 packs outside of CDs all you want: when those 3-minutes roll around, you’re pulling 7.

1 Like

the fact that people have a problem with this is… odd

2 Likes

Pull 7 packs and people are going to die to interrupts and unavoidable damage more often than not. Yeah there are times you can, but it’s pretty rare. You can’t pull more than there are people to interrupt random target high damage casts.

I actually can’t really think of a time you can pull 7 packs if I’m even being honest. What M+ dungeon was this happening in? If it’s Halls or DoS everyone pulls big there regardless of tank class.

1 Like

then you aren’t running in an organized group

The nerf was needed. They do too much damage. They do however need help outside of incarn. They have no threat gen or survivability compared to other tanks. Big reason I stopped playing guardian this season. Not having incarn just doesn’t feel good

Also your argument of bears pulling around their CDs and that’s why it’s bad - If they’re pulling around their CDs and still second to last in overall damage for tanks then that just proves the point the nerf is unneeded?

They’re literally pulling around it (your words), and are behind.

Yes I pug. A lot of people pug…and? Everything gets nerfed because the people who don’t need to pug ruin it for everyone else?

Necrotic Wake, SD, Halls, DoS, bug section of Mists, and a handful of Spires pulls.