Grrloc mount originally a blizzcon reward idea?

I personally am in love with chad murky

I’d bite if I hadn’t already bought 6 months. I shouldn’t give ATVI my money but it seems to be all I do. Oh well!

For me it’s just the terms. There’s no way I’m playing for 1 year. I’ll probably wind up playing 3-4 months after DF release.

2 Likes

Yeah I can’t really commit because 1.x patches have been taking too long for me to stay subbed

3 Likes

I understand that for some people.
Personally I won’t stop playing, maybe take a break for a week or two, but the last time I did that was during Cata, so I’m not worried.
I only speak for myself though.

1 Like

If somebody knows they will play, then it’s actually the best choice. You get free mounts, and a bit of a discount overall. Though I do have my qualms about paying for something you don’t know what the complete product is yet.

1 Like

I get all of that too. I just have a hard time dropping $155 at one time…althoughhhhh I do have a bonus coming Friday…hard sell with the wife though when Christmas is coming…unlessss…it’s considered an early gift for myself, hmmmm…

That said, I also understand the thought of not paying for something before it comes, but I’ve played the beta, I like the Evokers and the zones seem ok. I think I’ve pre-ordered since MoP so I’m not really stressing it. My game is quests, leveling, transmogs, mounts, taming pets, pet battles etc, not really end game, so I am about 98% certain I’ll enjoy the expansion just fine.

1 Like

Ill just wait for the mounts to hit the store lmao this game aint worth a whole years sub and i unsub a lot

1 Like

Yeah you’re right. It’s really sad to see some (not all) of the best designed and unique mounts go to players for cash, especially something like this. I would’ve grinded a year to get this from an achievement like the violet proto. As a store mount it wouldn’t even make my favorite mounts list, just another number towards the collection achievement.

For a lot of people spending $155 out of pocket is too much in one go.

They definitely aren’t whales for buying it, but it’s still out of range for I’d guess a majority of WoW’s playerbase.

The fact they haven’t announced if eithe rmount will be in the store later is what’s rubbing me the wrong way.

They’re already getting 5 mounts for free. They don’t need exclusivity on top of it.

I think the bet is, you will stay subbed without the mount, and they can use the mount to lock in players for a year.

I’d make the argument that if 155 is a ruinous out of pocket expense, you probably shouldn’t be buying digital mounts to begin with.

1 Like

If it was a blizzcon mount you would be spending like 50$ on it and get no game time

So… more whale-y

I agree, it’s likely about holding onto on and off players through FOMO…they know most of us will keep playing nmw.

2 Likes

It’s exactly that.
They know a lot of their players like murloc and murloc stuff.
They had it sitting in their back pocket for a long time and their rewards team are knowledgeable in human behavior so they chose to assign this mount to a 12 month sub.

Gotta also boost that quarterly report :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh yeah we do… the fact that its a murloc hurts. I don’t come in here often but this one was a slap in the face lol. Had to see what others thought.

1 Like

I think I saw somewhere that you can’t use Blizzard balance for it too.

I feel like it’s still a little weird to throw the word around in the case of subscription plans.

Surely they’d soak up more from the “whales” if they just stuck the beetle and Big Murlargehuge on the store, with the upcoming Lunar Rabbit being all they get for “free” from the next 6-month deal, right?

I’m not even sure where the overlap lies here, because from the standpoint of the raw subscription fee, someone doesn’t “lose value” unless they stop playing for at least two months, but then if someone is jumping on the plan specifically because of the mounts, how adverse would they have been to just buying them off the store?

Mmmnope. 40 years of corporate tax cuts has proven otherwise.

2 Likes

And? I buy them when they’re on sale at Christmas for $12.50. There’s a reason I only have a handful.

I’ve also been gifted/won… 4? of them. (Yea, I think four. Won the Stone Gryphon/Wind Rider on the forums, won the Hog from a Fansite, and a friend gifted Whiskers, then my mom bought the Faerie Dragon for Christmas one year)

Also to note, I buy them with WoW Tokens, not actual money. I think you forgot those existed for a minute. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well we got something accurate at least

There is no trickle, they just get a bigger glass to hold more