Grrloc mount originally a blizzcon reward idea?

Seems like this could have been handled better as an anniversary reward.

4 Likes

How so? I dropped 2 1 year subs for this mouth and the other two with it for me and the wife. Is blizzard supplies it I will buy it. Mounts awesome, and mounts are normally 25$ each - so for a year sub and 75$ worth of mounts I would buy it a third time if I could.

I support game devs, art teams, and the creations they make even if it goes mostly to the parent company, money trickles down even if a little.

now blizzard add some Xmog to the store~!

9 Likes

Nah, it’s fine the way it is.

If you do plan to stay playing for another year you may as well get it. You get more than one mount with the deal and it does round up close to what you pay for the year. (Don’t forget to round the tax).

Print out a receipt afterwards for safe keeping in case it says something about subscription expiring before the date it should.

1 Like

Whale spotted

3 Likes

Yup. Could of put it in a fun way to get it but the rewards team went the scummy route.

:joy:

1 Like

300 isn’t that much money though?

1 Like

And they got it for “free”…which makes it even weirder to call them a whale.

It looks cool but not cool enough for a one year sub.

1 Like

Maybe not for you xD. I could use that $300, that will cover a third of my oil cost before winter kicks in full.

4 Likes

All they did was pay their sub though?

You’re posting here, so you’ve clearly done the same. Are you a whale?

3 Likes

Yeah, but they are using the $300 to actually save money.

This is occasionally referred to as a “poor tax” where someone able to pay for 6-months or a year pays less to play WoW and receives additional perks compared to someone that can only afford to pay month-to-month.

1 Like

There should be like 2-3 mounts per expansion and NO shop. Cosmetic rewards like this are lazy give us spell effects.

Exactly right.

4 Likes

Its basically a rehashed Gronnling mount… /yawn

I believe a whale is someone who buys goods in exchange for powers: such as diablo immortal players do I am not sure not hip to the jive of all this new age speak.

BUT as others said I am a whale because I paid for my sub? I play wow, I love wow, I need my sub to play wow. If anything I am a whale because my job is awesome and my bank account can’t beat up your bank account? Does that count?

1 Like

I think it’s a name for people willing to dish out money for any kind of microtransaction.

4 Likes

I still say my bank account can beat up his bank account.

I was already a lifer to WoW and wasn’t planning on letting my sub lapse anyway. So might as well get some extra goodies for it.

2 Likes

I’d get it if I could drop $155 at one time, but I really can’t so not the end of the world. I assume they will eventually all be in the shop for $25, so I’ll get them then. :slight_smile:

1 Like