Growing Fear I have for Classic

I know a GM already state the chances are for low for esports to make it’s way into Classic…

However the more I think about it, I sadly see it most likely will happen. Why? Blizzcon. Every current Blizzard game currently gets a large spotlight tournament during Blizzcon. I can’t see them not doing something for Classic especially if Classic does well. I can’t imagine Blizzard will not spotlight sponsored guilds or PVE/PVP if it draws eyes for people in hopes they too will start playing.

Yea the wording of that post certainly left the door open. You know for certain that ActiBlizz would love to have a relevant esport for once.

I wouldn’t be too worried though. It doesn’t really fit with how Classic is meant to be played. I doubt it will develop much of a following.

I just don’t see this happening.
Think about Vanilla classes in an arena setting.
A mage and a rogue=GG.
Be a whole lot of balance issues.

It’s not meant to be balanced around arena.

I was watching a livestream last week of 10v10 WSG premades on a pirate server. And, man it looked amazing. Even though the players weren’t going 100%, and their competition teams didn’t look as organized as them, they were still coordinating at high level and dominating. (The server allowed them to buy all gear from vendors or something.)

The pace of vanilla attacks and less mobility of classes just looks better than current gameplay.

Blizzard ignored they had a great pvp game mode and ruined WSG all the way at Wrath of the Lich King’s changes to the zone, rules, and class mechanics(that was 2008! They just can’t listen.) I’ve pretty much lost hope in Blizzard’s ability to ever recognize it as a priority. They need a staff member who basically lives, eats and breathes WSG to ever get it right.

At best we could get leagues, like alma mater college teams or city teams. And have our own tourneys and rankings.

Also, how long until Overwatch esport crashes just like Blizzard’s hopes at StarCraft and HotS? They really don’t get the players have to be the owners and managers in the leagues, and money will come from subscription sales and not viewership.

Yes which is really quite a fear of the impact it would have if Blizzard decides to go this route.

Again I’m coming from the perspective that Blizzard will want to put as much spot light onto Classic as possible especially at Blizzcon.

if classic fails there is always private servers and of they go wow is done.