Groups mass reporting on forums?

Mostly because they keep the same amount of flags required no matter the area, despite certain areas being more moderated and visible than others by CS forums admission.

Abuse only seems to mean multiple chars being used, not covering anything else.

As said, 1 flag should = investigation. Not needing multiples especially for slower/less visited forums.

For ‘mass reports’ stuff, Blizzard should probably check to see if they’re in the same in-game communites or bnet friends. For example, OP runs a large in game premade community for PvP that sync-queue to bypass the 5 man queue cap.

Equal enforcement would be nice, in general.

2 Likes

That already happens

If there is a CoC violation, it doesn’t matter if they are in the same group. They may already do this. All that would happen is that they would group somewhere outside of Blizzard’s control.

4 Likes

It doesn’t in 90-whatever % of cases, no. I know from experience, given certain posts consistently directed at me from specific people. Not on the forums, and not in game.

Talking about mass flagging posts, as that should be considered malicious flagging.

1 Like

It does, that is what Vrak is saying below… When a post is reported it is reviewed, the only thing that multiple reports do is temporarily hide a post (when the number hits a certain threshold). Just because you don’t like how someone is posting toward you doesn’t mean that the post is against the CoC. There are many times when people seem to think that others not posting the way they think they should is punishable. Blizzard will look at the post if it is reported and decide.

They do, as Vrak mentioned here:

3 Likes

it’s very observable that in most cases it takes a stack of flags for a moderator to even look at a post. Same for in-game, nothing particularly happens until it meets a certain pre-determined threshold (that isn’t 1). Moderators look at things in batches, and from what people have said the more flags that accrue the higher tier it gets pushed to. They very observably do not look at/get to 1 flag posts (or reports in game). Again in 90-something% of cases this holds true.

I think were done here feels like were just going in circles.

No they are not and no it isn’t. Again you THINK that something should result in an account action. That doesn’t mean that Blizzard agrees with you. All reports are looked at and judged by a GM (if in game) or a Mod (if on the forums), the only thing a certain number of reports does is either squelch the account (in game) or hide the post (on forums). This has been stated multiple times by Blues here and anything other that that is simply rumors.

No you haven’t and no they aren’t. You are stating how you THINK things work because of how you THINK Blizzard should moderate. Blizzard is telling you that it doesn’t work that way. But hey go on and call the Blues here liars, I’m sure they love to hear that.

4 Likes