Group Loot? Oh grand

payo banned for ninja looting … jokerd banned for ninja looting … never happens though.

so … so rare. LOL

Oh, it happens. People just overplay how often it happened.

was there at the time. Clearly remember it happening very often. I can switch to toons with the HWL title … if you’d like. LOL

1 Like

See i like group loot cus i run with ppl i trust. Nothing worse than a piece dropping for someone who doeant need it but cant trade cus its slightly higher ilvl than what they have on.

I think people should just give the new GL system a chance, and then we can all argue about it later when the game comes out and we can highlight the problems we see happening. We don’t know what limitations they will end up with by the time the game comes out.

Showing your ignorance. MrGm isn’t MrBossFTW with his definite clickbait.

No chance sir. We’ve played this record before. Everyone already knows exactly how it ends. It’s good for one tiny group of players, and a dumpster fire for everyone else.

1 Like

What kind of garbage guilds are you guys in that this is a problem?

Guilds should be teams of people having fun and working towards a goal together. If this is not the situation you are in get out. Guilds these days are constantly recruiting so find a good one that enjoys raiding and having fun in game. The descriptions make it sound like your guild leaders hate you lol.

Say your a tank and a one hander drops and they give it to the rogues first they should - next week will go smoother and eventually you will get one. This is how it was designed. Don’t be greedy have fun play with people you will like and the loot system won’t even matter.

If you don’t want to join a guild and just want to pug away - get clarification on the loot rules beforehand and your good to go.

I don’t understand why this is anymore than a blip on peoples radar - I feel like a lot of people join the mass invite guilds and just think thats how the game is and its really sad.

1 Like

So your logic is:
you were in a good guild
thus everyone is in a good guild.
OR … they just haven’t tried,
because their experience, does not match your experience.

That … is what is sad.

2 Likes

And what of people doing PUG/LFR? There will be a lot of people rolling on things they don’t really need.

Which is probably fine by the current development team and the higher tiers of management.

They’ve been signaling for a while that they want people to be forced to join guilds or pay if people want to participate in the core MMO loop. It’s a win-win for them - either people are forced into parasocial relationships that obligate them into logging in regularly and sticking around so they don’t “let down the group” which equals more money for Blizzard, or they pay money to buy gold for runs through stuff from boosters, which equals more money for Blizzard.

I’d anticipate further restriction of open world and solo content with time to try and force people into one of those two funnels. Surely that won’t backfire on them.

Thats exactly what I am saying. If you aren’t in one - find one. They are literally everywhere and looking for people. If you are in a bad guild get out. Why would you do that to yourself?

You are basically saying to yourself these people treat me like absolute trash so I will keep helping them.

Say that out loud to yourself - see how insane it sounds?

Whats really funny is that Personal Loot embodies the values of “the loot belongs to the group” far better than Group Loot or Master Loot ever could. Because lets be perfectly honest, if the loot belongs to the whole group, then it should be distributed indiscriminately and at random to every member of the group… if only we had a system in place that could do just that… oh wait we do, its called Personal Loot.

Systems like Group Loot only serve to funnel loot to a few select individuals who think they are more important than everyone else, and claim “its for the good of the group” when in reality they mean “its for the good of ME”. For the good of the group means everyone gets an equal and indiscriminate chance at loot, it doesn’t mean “funnel all loot to X and they will distribute at end of run according to Y’s rules”

1 Like

How long for them to change it back when subs tank? Taking bets now.

Pfffff, subs won’t tank from this change.

Pftt yes they will.

The MMO was most popular during a time when it used group loot. Group loot isn’t a deal breaker that is going to suddenly tank the game.

Well, I can say something about how it currently works:
Killed the 2nd raid test boss on a moonkin, a leather belt, neck, and strength trinket dropped. I was only able to roll need on the belt and the neck. So it looks like people’s fear of hunters rolling need on int staves is already impossible.

1 Like

Set loot rules before group starts in chat.
If they cheat you can open a ticket and they will have the item taken away.

Alternatively join a guild.