Group Loot? Oh grand

So your logic is:
you were in a good guild
thus everyone is in a good guild.
OR … they just haven’t tried,
because their experience, does not match your experience.

That … is what is sad.

2 Likes

And what of people doing PUG/LFR? There will be a lot of people rolling on things they don’t really need.

Which is probably fine by the current development team and the higher tiers of management.

They’ve been signaling for a while that they want people to be forced to join guilds or pay if people want to participate in the core MMO loop. It’s a win-win for them - either people are forced into parasocial relationships that obligate them into logging in regularly and sticking around so they don’t “let down the group” which equals more money for Blizzard, or they pay money to buy gold for runs through stuff from boosters, which equals more money for Blizzard.

I’d anticipate further restriction of open world and solo content with time to try and force people into one of those two funnels. Surely that won’t backfire on them.

Thats exactly what I am saying. If you aren’t in one - find one. They are literally everywhere and looking for people. If you are in a bad guild get out. Why would you do that to yourself?

You are basically saying to yourself these people treat me like absolute trash so I will keep helping them.

Say that out loud to yourself - see how insane it sounds?

Whats really funny is that Personal Loot embodies the values of “the loot belongs to the group” far better than Group Loot or Master Loot ever could. Because lets be perfectly honest, if the loot belongs to the whole group, then it should be distributed indiscriminately and at random to every member of the group… if only we had a system in place that could do just that… oh wait we do, its called Personal Loot.

Systems like Group Loot only serve to funnel loot to a few select individuals who think they are more important than everyone else, and claim “its for the good of the group” when in reality they mean “its for the good of ME”. For the good of the group means everyone gets an equal and indiscriminate chance at loot, it doesn’t mean “funnel all loot to X and they will distribute at end of run according to Y’s rules”

1 Like

How long for them to change it back when subs tank? Taking bets now.

Pfffff, subs won’t tank from this change.

Pftt yes they will.

The MMO was most popular during a time when it used group loot. Group loot isn’t a deal breaker that is going to suddenly tank the game.

Well, I can say something about how it currently works:
Killed the 2nd raid test boss on a moonkin, a leather belt, neck, and strength trinket dropped. I was only able to roll need on the belt and the neck. So it looks like people’s fear of hunters rolling need on int staves is already impossible.

1 Like

Set loot rules before group starts in chat.
If they cheat you can open a ticket and they will have the item taken away.

Alternatively join a guild.

Maybe cause there wasn’t another option? lol

Yeah there was, people could have simply not played the game. But they did play it, so clearly group loot isn’t some toxic thing that completely destroys the gameplay.

Yeah that would be good. Maybe bump every boss loot table by 3/4 ilvl depending where it falls.

1 Like

LOL, so their only option was to play or not play? Nah your argument doesn’t work.

How does that not work? Is someone holding a gun to your head telling you to play WoW?

Apparently raiders lack the basic willpower needed to not do mythic+, even though they hate it. So they constantly cry and try to get the loot gutted.

You say just get a good guild. I say … just don’t do content you don’t like.

Same thing bro

2 Likes

This change didn’t come soon enough.

I am a leader in a retro raiding com, and while we have many level 50s, we also ended up with a lot of 60s as SL dragged on (ppl quit, and others didnt feel like making 50s but wanted to come anyway)…

SO, when it came to Carapace in Mythic Nya, all the loot was 10 ilvls above what everything else up to that point had been, and because we had 60s in the group, if I-- as a DK-- got a cloth drop, I couldn’t trade it because of FORCED LEGACY LOOT (10 ilvls over what I had in that slot).

How does it work? So because there was no better option at the time it “worked?” Horses were good too until cars came along…lol