Ground riding animation completely broken on Sinrunner Blanchy mount

Male Undead here. Probably affecting other races and genders as well.

The riding animation on several horse mounts got broken with the pre-patch. Character wobbles around wildly. It looks like the affected mounts are using the code for a completely different kind of mount instead of the one for horses.

Three examples:

• Sinrunner Blanchy

• Court Sinrunner

• Goldenmane

5 Likes

I notice the new ‘rigid’ riding animation on this toon, human female paladin. This occurs even when using the divine steed speed boost ability.

I suspect this change in ‘rider animation’ is due to the change with some of the horse-like mounts now being able to ‘skyride’.

ETA: in Remix, using the non-glyphed divine steed (e.g. using the classic charger) the character ride animation remains the same as it was before pre-patch.

it appears the changed riding animation - in remix at least - only changed on those horse mounts that can fly innately.

2 Likes

I think you are spot on with that observation.

Sinrunner Blanchy is a flying mount. They gave her Skyriding animations in the pre patch. All other mounts sharing Blanchy’s skeleton, even if pure ground mounts, got their actual animation accidentally overwritten in the process. Resulting in the above listed horses now having Skyriding animations on the ground.

Which is a shame, of course, with Goldenmane being such a rare drop, Sinrunner Blanchy involving a complex process to acquire, and the Court Sinrunner costing 24 k gold after reaching exalted with the Venthyr.

Not getting my hopes up either for the mounts to have their actual and immersive animations restored one day.

6 Likes

It is a shame because I’m debating clearing my glyph for divine charger because that animation looks so odd now - and it’s just the spell ability providing the speed boost, not my character actually mounting the golden charger mount.

Same here on my human Lock, but when I switch to regular flying the animation returns to normal. It is only in skyriding that seems to have the movement issues. I hope it’s fixed soon.

I can relate. Goldenmane was my favourite ground mount. But suddenly looking like a 4 year old jerking back and forth wildly on a rocking horse, forces me to abandon her, sadly.

Ah well, we can always hope for a fix down the road somewhere, I guess.

1 Like

Same for me, Goldenmane and the Court Sinrunner both have broken riding animations now. Please fix!

1 Like

That’s interesting. Thank you for the hint. What mount are you referring to, though? Blanchy?

Yes, the Sinrunner, breaks my heart, he matches my transmog perfectly!

Ah, do I feel you. Same for me with the saddle blanket of Goldenmane and the Court Sinrunner. Perfect transmog match. Pretty unreplaceable.

Sorry, Beaumort, I didn’t actually answer your question, proper. Yes, It’s the Sinrunner Blanchy, I love my ghostly red horse! But using him in skyriding he looks like he got into a barrel of fermented apples.

It’s a she, I 'm afraid. Feel free to check her out on wowpedia.

But barrels of fermented apples work on both genders, of course. Thanks again for the hint to try those horses on the ground w/o skyriding enabled. Not at my PC currently, eager to check it out when home.

LOL, I stand corrected, Sir. It makes me love ‘her’ even more.

Negative.

Skyriding on or off doesn’t make a difference for me. With Blanchy or Goldenmane. Same jerky, ridiculous riding animation on the ground : (

Curse you, Ferra, for getting my hopes up! ; )

It’s on you now, Blizzard. To restore the art you once put into the game and then broke.

3 Likes

I will try skyriding off when using Divine Steed with the Golden Charger glyph when I can and report back. But with it ON, even that divine steed ability results in my character “proc’ing” the odd rider animation.

The above does not occur using the non-glyphed, original charger divine steed.

Hummm, I’m sorry, Beaumort, strange, for turning off skyriding works for me. Blanchy flies and runs just like always. Maybe, for you she got deeper into that barrel of fermented apples. ;D

In any case, I hope Blizz can get it fixed for our next maintenance day or hotfix.

Fingers crossed.

Bump. Same issue. My favorite mount, Smoky Charger is affected.

Same here, Blizz! It makes me not want to ride them!

I don’t blame you. It does look rather ridiculous.

1 Like