Grimoire book amazon previews - more spoilers

tldr:

• Elune is Pantheon of Life confirmed :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: not a First One :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:
  • Maldraxxus was confirmed created by the Primus
  • Oribos was once unknown to the Brokers, they had to find it
  • Nobody knows what Zovaal did :roll_eyes:
  • Nobody knows why the Primus suspected Zovaal was up to something :roll_eyes:
  • Cartel Au is the cartel that found Oribos for the others

basically confirmed this book will have more questions than answers

Reddit thread that led me to the amazon images:

17 Likes

About Elune - these are Broker’s theories. Is not it so? And the Broker does not name Elune directly.

3 Likes

Yes I imagine in about 8 years half of this book will be retconed or “clarified” because “it was just a brokers perspective”, but at the very least for the next two expansions Elune = Pantheon of Life.

20 Likes

I would say Elune ~ Pantheon of Life.

Caaaaaaalled it lol

2 Likes

Exhausted, annoyed, going back to bed (got up for some water and to go to the bathroom and decided to check reddit), goodbye 4 now

5 Likes

Take care Baal, I just saw this and had to say how I called the elune but.

1 Like

I hope we get a new cosmology map^^

So the break with America is about 11-12 hours for me. Although I could just search the Internet. All these six months.

Order, light and death - with the Pantheons. Life, chaos, darkness - “spores-mountains” replacing each other in battles.
Yes.

I guess we can count all references to Elune as a goddess as retconned then.

Great writing, awesome. What makes it even more weird is that Elune has been referred to as a goddess by other entities than just the Night Elves, so they can’t just say that the Night Elves were wrong. What a stupid and pointless retcon.

16 Likes

She…can still be a goddess. Like the Zandalari worship the Loa, or the Tauren worship Musha, An’she and the earthmother. They are all gods in a sense to their respective cultures.

This is such an overreaction imo. If this turns out to be true this does not diminish Elune at all.

But anyway- I’m kinda interested. I hypothesized that she would be Pantheon of Life after the previous quest.

18 Likes

Yes it does diminish Elune cos so far Elune has had a lot of abilities rather than life.
And… yeah, these stupid writers really don’t care about what I has cared about. Except for Anduin, but… yeah, a Coup de Grace.
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

15 Likes

We don’t know her full place yet. Her being in the Pantheon of Life doesn’t automatically make her banned from other powers.

Eonar uses life despite being in the Pantheon of Order. Winter Queen has life despite being in the Pantheon of Death.

Not that she uses too many different ones to begin with, but for those she does…it wouldn’t be weird.

3 Likes

It’s not just using other powers. Elune created Naarus, which placed her at higher power tier than the Light.
This IS a retcon to diminish Elune, so that the First One can be at the top cosmic tier than any other gods we’ve ever known before.

5 Likes

Primus…is Pantheon as well.

And the Naaru thing is not a fact. It was a hypothesis by…Khadgar. That doesn’t make it a fact.

12 Likes

Ah, my bad. Confused about Primus, fixed.

Elune creating Naaru WAS a fact, and now it BECOMES hypothesis cos they made Elune merely a member of Patheon. That’s how retcon works. Like, about, how Frostmourne works with souls.

Well, that was interesting, but still mainly just confirmed things we already knew, but it’s nice to get an in-universe theory about the pantheon of life.
We already knew everything from that Maldraxxus page for example if you’ve done the necrolord campaign.

It was never a fact…please give me a source on something saying otherwise.

Khadgar simply hypothesized.

People use the word retcon too liberally these days.

16 Likes

Alright, here. Sad I can’t just post an image here.

(Khadgar) I was going through some ancient cosmology tomes when I stumbled upon a passage indicating that the prime naaru may have been created by Elune during the great ordering of Light and Shadow.
If Elune did create Xe’ra, then it stands to reason that we could use the Tear of Elune to unlock the the secrets of Light’s Heart.

And we used Tear of Elune to unlock the secrets of Light’s Heart.

And, when you met Xe’ra during the questline, she/he said

I am Xe’ra, one of the first naaru to be forged here during the great ordering of cosmos.

How much other resources we need that it to be the FACT that Elune created Naaru? Within the story. Blizzard’s confirmation?