Greater Pyro to get 15 sec CD in Shadowlands

:crab: :musical_note: :crab: :musical_note: :crab: :musical_note:

28 Likes

I dont like the spell as much as the next player, though to be fair a 15sec CD is an overnerf given the long cast-time

You couldnt rely on it as a means to use it to land a kill

RIP GPye

1 Like

its about time tho it shoulda been removed

12 Likes

It’s very doubtful it’ll stay at 15 seconds.

1 Like

What do you mean it? It’s cd would be activated on completion of cast, this nerf is fine.

8 Likes

I realise that lol

A mini-nuke with a 4sec cast-time once every 15secs is pretty subpar considering the amount of damage other classes can inflict within the same time-frame.

You lack imagination if you think this spell won’t still be strong and asked for nerfs.

4 Likes

But spammable 35% of max health is broken.

3 Likes

You can still use it to open and take 35% off someone before following with combustion. It will likely still see use, you just won’t be able to play fire as a one button spec anymore.

6 Likes

k now nerf dhs

16 Likes

Its a good thing I rely on realism instead of imagination :wink:

Totally. Though as I pointed out, 15sec CD is an overnerf. A Warlock can pump out more Chaos Bolts in that time which do even more damage than a GPye.

More viable in arena, though combustion is a 2min CD. So that’d be a waste of PvP talent for a single setup. Gimmicky.

Obviously it wouldn’t need to be used in conjunction with combust, that’s just an example of how it could be used. If it nets you a kill or significant CD’s reliably, then it’s not a waste. Also, G Py is gimmicky by nature. How do you not see it as a gimmick now?

1 Like

It’s not a gimmick as it stands because it’s a consistently reliable OP spell with no special setup.

I agree that it needed a nerf in terms of both damage and a CD, though 15secs is a bit much IMO.

Mages are more upset with the loss of Temp Shield and nerfs to shimmer , so their survival is pretty much gutted. Add to that this nerf to GPye, and they’re no longer a glass cannon… just glass haha

This is not good…

rip BDM :cry:

And that’s why I will continue to have more pvp success than you :wink:

1 Like

I would have been fine with a cooldown half as long. Blizzard always over-nerfing things. :roll_eyes: Better than leaving it as is on live though, I guess.

Kinda glad this news came out today. I was in the middle of leveling up a fresh Mage alt, but I guess I’ll be scrapping/canceling that little side-project now :rofl:

Only had about 3 hours /played time on it, made it to level 37, oh well :man_shrugging:

Better to cut my losses early, now that this nerf was suddenly announced.

You realize Frost exists and is much more fun than Fire will ever be.

4 Likes

:lobster: :pleading_face: :lobster: :sob: :lobster: :sob:

3 Likes

I mean, I realize Frost exists… but let’s be real here, whenever I open up the bg charts (and especially in epic bgs), it’s all Fire Mages up at the top :yum: :drooling_face:

Now that they’re getting gutted, there’s no point in carrying on, rip my Mage alt - he’s “dead on arrival” with this announcement :weary:

The good news is I only wasted about ~3 hours on it, so it’s not all bad. Could be worse - imagine if I had actually leveled to 120, and THEN this announcement hit, I would not be happy :-1: