Greater pyro out of control

i would hope a chaosbolt with a faster cast than greater pyro does less damage. it does more damage than aimed shot and any other “spammable” ability.

Doesn’t work for classes whose interrupts are on long cooldowns. Where “long” is more than 6 seconds.

The problem with greater heal is that interrupting it gives a free interrupt on a healer as well.

1 Like

Then you take the hit. Taking damage in PvP happens.

1 Like

lol? 22k average damage is being generous; I’ve seen it hit as low as 16k. and spammable? if 2 times back to back with full resources is spammable then idk what to say anymore.

and you make it sound like gpyro isnt a “Spammable” ability - lol its spammable in the sense that it has no resource cost, only takes 1 sec longer to cast than chaosbolt for a consistent 250 - 300% more damage, can be chained with a shimmer to stop from getting LOS’d, AND has a slower travel time which means you can line up more damage on someone before it actually connects on someone and breaks CC. but I dont care in particular about Gpyro, I care about how trash chaosbolt is without infernal stacks.

and if you want to be like that, I’ll go ahead and tell you why aimed shot doesnt deal as much… BECAUSE IT CANT BE INTERRUPTED WITH KICKS. and, cant even forget the amount of buffs MM is getting next patch (they are even getting a new shot that deals 20% health, AND CAN CRIT, and increases shot range by like 8 yards). stop comparing apples to oranges, chaosbolt and aimed shot are nothing alike.

last but not least, I’d like to point out that infernal CD is 3 minutes, and there are only 4 other baseline burst cooldowns in the game that are also 3 minutes or longer (DH meta, Boomkin celestial, Frost mage icy veins, Outlaw adrenaline rush), yet all of those specs brings more to the table than destro does, AND destro has to talent into GrimSup (grimoire of supremacy - infernal chaos bolts) for it to even directly increase their own damage.

to say that warlocks are in a good spot is completely delusional, and the people saying that chaosbolt actually hits hard must’ve facetanked a 12 stack infernal bolt, which is extremely telegraphed and easy to avoid (hint: you’ll see a bunch of random rain of fires, even if its in a 1v1 scenario, with a giant infernal beating on you)

simple point of the matter is to remove GrimSup so chaosbolt never hits for more than 60k under any circumstances, and to buff its base damage.

1 Like

We’re not getting a new shot. An existing shot is getting more damage but less time at extended range, so we can no longer follow it up with an extended range aimed, aimed, and rapid fire. Plus, we’re getting nerfs in other areas.

I’d be very surprised if the sniper shot change actually makes us competitive. Rapid fire through buildings might help us in arena, but it will not help in real PVP and just dumbs down the spec.

Well, he’s been mentioned a few times in here. Xaryu has clips of him killing rank one players with just the instants alone. But this is with a rogue helping to set up the kill.

I’d say the ability to 100-0 someone with instants/cooldowns is a bigger issue than gpyro.

There’s claims with a ss you can get CB up to 100k though that’s rare. I’ve gotten up to 50-60k CBs. Usually it’s anywhere from 20-40k but I have some haste so I can probably spam 2 in the time a gpyro has gone off.

A Rogue + Fire Mage is a potent 2s team for that very reason. But it is about the Rogue as it is Mage. Two classes that compliment each other to merc a target.

They stopped being prevalent after MoP really. It should be changed to HHTBCC - Healers have to be CCed because they never die. You should be CCing them and globaling the Dps.

A lot of classes are so tanky now especially Healers. It’s unrewarding to tunnel Dps into them.

Oh its an issue in bgs alright. Esp when theres 4 of them to deal with and kite theres nothing i can do as a healer when the dps on my team are cluless can only do so much .

1 Like

Definitely agree, but at least in BGs about 90% of the time I try polymorphing healers I get a big fat “IMMUNE” (druids + DR), it gets broken repeatedly by nearby DPS, or I get kicked/counterspelled/silenced/stunned/feared/punted/etc/etc. Success rate for counterspell is maybe 30-40%. It’s probably better as a rogue or something but some classes/specs tend towards being useless when it comes to CCing healers.

I feel it’s more an issue in a BG because the timer differences in the spell lockout and the CD’s of the interrupts becomes more pronounced.

Doubly so in randoms where people are just going willy-nilly and wasting their abilities - silencing people who are silenced or 4 people stunning the guy simultaneously thus DR’ing him hard (not to mention putting their stuns on CD).

Like I said earlier I feel that GPB is a bandaid fix, a “bone” they threw fire mages because they have some class design problems. I’d rather they resolve the issues not put something obnoxiously off kilter in.

2 Likes

Eh CB can be just as deadly due to cast time and travel time. I can pump out two 40-50k cbs in the time of 1 gpyro… there’s a reason gpyro isn’t touched.

Well yea 1v4 isn’t good odds no matter what.

2 Likes

Well I have three thoughts to your post. First, imagine when we have 200K+ HP next patch. 35% will still be 35% (and will be a lot more than 40-50k). Second, CB requires building resources. Third, there’s a big difference between doing 35% damage in one ability or through multiple (even if it’s the same time spent). It’s like a ranged execute.

Edit: actually make that four. As CB is a baseline ability it could be argued that your class was designed better and didn’t need the band-aid fire mage got.

God fire doesn’t really have any design issues. Tons of defensives, tons of damage, tons of cc and tons of schools of magic.

Let’s compare it to warlock… Similar damage let’s say (less cost as it’s spammable with no resource cost), less defensives, less mobility and less schools of magic.

Huh fire mage seems fine. With or without gp.

3 Likes

Except they aren’t touching gpyro. If anything tone down their instants, which seem to be more of a problem.

Don’t disagree entirely, definitely should help. No idea what the meta will be in 8.1.

Shadow Priests. Lots of shadow priests.

2 Likes