Greater pyro out of control

how am i suppose to outrun movement impair with no shimmer? or frost nova thats all mages have to kite we are glass, half the time mage needs good peel in those situations

Lol dude way to come in late and read nothing. Gp doesn’t one shot anyone. It contributes to the one shot with all the other instants.

Delete and give something else.

Hence those team mates you keep talking about :thinking:

Anyways man I’m off to work… Twas a fun chat. Thanks to almost everyone for keeping it mostly cool headed! Love when no names are called on the forums, it’s pretty rare :joy:

Instants doing 65% dmg is more concerning than a 4+ second gpyro

1 Like

i dont play heal / dps in 2s because im not trash sorry

Agreed they’re a huge issue too. Gp is a major contributor to it though. Ah well… GG’s.

It’s not though. Have fun at work

Yea see this makes me ??? when some people talk about your a mage do this x, y, z. They seem to not understand the difference between frost and fire

There is 0% chance for a fire mage to kite a Havoc DH. There is almost 0% chance of casting anything on a havoc DH that isn’t instant.

Goes for Rogues and Fury warriors, though not quite as much.

Fire mages have to except that is the trade off, you get more burst less control/kiting.

On that same token if we free cast and you aren’t interrupting you get merc’d. That’s the game folks.

I watch mitch jones, probably the best/popular fire mage. For every time he gets that 100-0 there’s another match where he loses and never gets 1 off at all. And that is rank 1 play.:stop_sign:

I didn’t come in late. I’ve read all of your whining post about GPB and how it should be deleted removed from the game. You obviously lack the understanding of the spell and how it’s used. You think a 4 second cast is nothing and mages can just sit back and cast even if melee is on them.

Shimmer and nova isn’t enough to stay away from good melee and that == death for any mage let alone being able to get even 1 GPB off. You just sound upset because some mage melted your face and you want to do away with any ability YOU find unfair.

GPB is fine. Learn to counter or just avoid all fire mages altogether

1 Like

Lol nobody kites a DH, more a comment on a DH. The thing is if you’re casting on the back line and someone jumps you, just blink further away and recast a spammable gp. If they chase you that deep they’re gonna die. A warlock casting cb gets jumped on and he’s boned. Fire mage has excellent mobility. I also made the comment because he claimed I have a whole team of stops (which I do) but then he should also have a full team of peels? Eh w/e.

Aye I’ve heard good things about Mitch. Might have to check him out. I’m sure there are games where he doesn’t get them off but fire is way more common than frost because of gp basically. 3 schools of cc and if you kick gp you open yourself to the others. Frost mage instant damage does basically the same as fire. They have better kiting and better survival with two blocks. Gp is the main difference. It’s also the main class to run with destro for a reason. What do you kick?

Lol man you clearly didn’t read as you ignored basically everything. I play mls and half the games we win the destro doesn’t do anything but eat cc. The fire mage gets one gp off and solos the target. Or spams poly until he gets a free gp after that. My reasons have been pretty civil, you sound whinier than me lol.

the downside is that you casted rof 3 times though. you do more damage with actual cb’s during that time. also in battlegrounds damage outside of cd’s means FAR more than damage in cd’s. you don’t win the game after you kill one person blowing everything. you win through the other 95% of gameplay. main reason arena and bg forums have to be separate. completely different.

Its silly to tell people to try and outrange it either the mage is gonna blink in and not let you or they are gonna sit there and cast it with a 55yd range.

1 Like

55 yard range requires them to stand still for 5 seconds and take a PVP talent on top of the PVP talent Gpyro itself btw.

Yes and the issue with that is?

1 Like

Am I seriously the only one who stacks Gpyro and haste? I feel like everyone here is missing the fact that we can stack haste traits (Blood Rites) and get our Gpyro cast time down to 2 seconds with Timewarp. I’ve seen a 1.4 second gpyro and by the time the first ball gets to the target you already have 3 more coming, along with all of our other insane burst.

you’re probably not since pyro scales with haste and nothing else.

I stack it, 3x overwhelming power with base secondary 20% haste. With TW i think i’m around 2.2sec, still that’s a 10min CD.

I meant more like, sacrificing everything, going only haste, and PVPing by just spamming greater pyro. Its very rare that my mage is ever not top damage doing that.

i see it quite a bit in bg’s with fire mages only casting greater pyro. not sure if they are only haste though.