Greater pyro out of control

That’s what I mean though? You’re not. Because you can still temp/blink/block/kick. CB gets kicked gl.

Greater pyroblast to me is like bastion when overwatch first launched. It’s slightly over-performing in random, unstructured environments and it sort of sucks in rated play where communication is occurring.

The thing of it is, mages are so soft. They rely on avoiding damage entirely to survive, which they obviously aren’t doing while they’re stationary and casting. Damage alone is enough to ensure that g pyros aren’t going off.

I don’t know- maybe a short cooldown would bring it in line? Other comparable abilities usually have prerequisites or steeper resource costs.

and what about grounding totem movement reduction, ret pala movement reduction, dk movement reduction, warrior movement reduction after shimmer? fire mage cant kite well after shimmer and frost nova cds are blown with movement impair

1 Like

I’m still not seeing these fire mages topping damage and going 20-0 like you guys make them seem. Again, I can see they may be an issue in arena so they probably will get nerfed, but it’s fine in BGs.

They don’t typically top damage but they can definitely put up some really good KB to death numbers. :stuck_out_tongue:

literally every melee class can chase you down and manhandle you if you dont kill them in that window with your synced burst and with no shimmer or frost nova, if a rogue is sitting on me i cant do much and im for sure not getting any greaters off

2 Likes

It’s really not though. I see warriors/dh/rogue doing better than mages in randoms.

I can too on my destro :shushing_face:

Grounding is pretty busted I’ll admit, never said it wasn’t. How many of those high rated bgs we are talking about run rsham?

Also Nova and blink are amazing. You can kite extremely well with team mates, I think you brought those guys up before. :thinking:

3k rbgs there’s an ele sham, no fire mage. Not sure if grounding is only resto.

as an unholy DK i have 6 interrupts not including reanimation(spammable)

if a mage is still alive after 32 seconds then getting a 35% hit in will only let him get caught up, assuming he’s still alive after 32 seconds. but what am i doing while sending all these interrupts to the mage? spamming necrostrike and reanimation on the healer. they aren’t as bad of a problem as you think, if anything, i’ll let him get a GrPB off just so i can darksim it and throw it back at his healer.

but again, bgs are not arena, and you are rarely facing a mage and his pocket disc priest alone.

2 Likes

Alright so gp isn’t helping? Delete it and give them something else :roll_eyes:

Still no rsham though. Also no idea how I shear gp when I’m sitting in the back and the fire mage is sitting in his back line. Not saying fire is super op either (even though it’s pretty broken in arenas, poor rogues getting the nerfs). Just that gp is broken in it’s current incarnation.

depends on the class and spec, warrior has charge and leap, you have wolf / raptor form for a 30% movement speed, dk has grip so shimmer will go to waste, ret paladin can mount up in combat, rogue can spec into death from above and jump on you from nearly 20 ft away, there is nearly 1 ability you can use to counter shimmer on all classes and lets not forget to mention DH charge as well

Okay so let it go the way of CB and mages can get 100k GP off :wink:

If a warrior both charges and leaps on you he’s in trouble if you positioned properly after with the blink. That’s all his mobility and he’s hella deep. Gp is max distance back line on different schools of magic. Delete it and give fire something else.

It’s difficult to operationalize “doing better” though. Leaderboards aren’t particularly telling of a player’s contribution.

I may not top meters like balance druids spreading DoTs but if I’m gibbing healers every time they join a fight, it could be said that I’m doing better.

Not that fire mages are doing that- just an example.

As others have said, chaining g pyros isn’t super problematic, it’s the large amount of burst that’s possible because of one cast into instant casts. This sort of burst wouldn’t be possible without g pyro.

Sure if they tie it to every school of magic and cost a large amount of resources. I’m down

im not going to waste a double blink right away, and warrior that knows what hes doing is only going to use those cds to close in if i use shimmer at that point my only way to get away is a 2 second frost nova and at that point if you hit me with movement reduct im toast unless i get good peel

Haha I think you can’t quite grasp the meaning of 1 shot. Even when mages had POM Pyro back in vanilla did they 1 shot any equally geared player.

GPB in no way, shape or form going to 1 shot anyone. If mages are getting off multiple GPB then that’s more a team or player problem. It’s the easiest spell to interrupt, LOS or out of range in the game period.

2 Likes

Then they need to work on the other instant dmg… gpyro is only 35% (which means 65% in instants sounds to be the problem) after a 4 second cast + travel time.

Then how’s he killing you if he’s not committing all his movement on you. I’m confused.