Greater pyro out of control

I wasnt literally implying i was the only one. I was saying that based on the responses in the thread, everyone seems to forget you can just stack haste and its just easy damage on a short cast. Most responses seem to say its acceptable because of its cast time, when it has a variable cast time.

well when you’re defending an ability you usually don’t take everything in consideration. makes it easier to defend.

because most other classes that can do similar damage over the same timeframe also scale from haste. you aren’t pvping a vacuum.

Yes, but when you sacrifice other stats for haste, you’re losing the value from those stats. % damage does not, which is the issue at hand here. If it was at a fixed 4 second cast time I’d say it would be acceptable.

1 Like

over the same time frame is not the same as all at once though. over the same time frame means can be healed or reacted to easier.

10k 10k 10k 10k in 4 seconds is not as strong as 0k 0k 0k 40k. not even close to as strong actually.

1 Like

that really depends on the class. i wouldn’t lose out because zombie explosion is a flat 10% damage. so under high haste i can just spam more of them faster.

not really, the time spent casting gpb is going to allow the same amount of heals. but also, zombies rarely hit in nice timed order, nor are they the only damage im outputting. also i can grip someone into a group of zombies for instant burst.

where did you learn math?

1 Like

i think you just said burst is not a thing. please delete your post.

i did not, and you can’t read or do math, can you at least write?

1 Like

this is my last response to you. cannot converse with someone that says burst does not exist,

why the drive by troll job? you infer i said something i did not, then get offended over it.

1 Like

It’s an easy fix. Just get 1 Holy Priest for every 2 Fire Mages they have!

35% Pyro on a 4.5 sec cast? No problem! Holy Priests now has a 65% heal on a 3s cast! BOOM! Problem solved.

3 Likes

What’s wrong with his math and what exactly are you trying to say?

1 Like

40k over 4 seconds is 40k over 4 seconds no matter how you do the math.

Ah okay, you’re confused.

He’s not arguing that it’s more damage overall. He’s arguing that burst is more difficult to recover from versus sustained damage, which is absolutely true.

2 Likes

if you are talking actual burst though. that 40k isn’t killing anyone, so a mage either needs to stack that 40k with something else or go back to casting gpb again, which gives the healer time to heal. the same amount of time to heal as taking 10k per second would take. by the time a mage gets their second gpb off, the target has been healed back up to the same level of health they would have if they were taking 10k damage per second.

If greater pyro is such a problem and it’s so good to stack mages, why are there only 5 of mages in the top 100 of rated BGs?

Seems like most of the player complaining possess lack of PvP awareness to stop greater pyros. I have not been hit by a single greater pyro since I can remember.

In fact, I love it when mages cast it on my because I wait til they are almost done and silence them, outrange them or LOS and they just wasted a whole long cast doing nothing.

It’s so simple to stop.

1 Like

No, my man. This isn’t the 1v1 forum. You can’t assess an ability’s impact in a highly specific, controlled scenario that’s irrelevant to team-play.

If you’ve ever played a healer or even watched another healer play, you understand that damage spikes are harder to heal through than consistent damage.

When you’re healing a team fight, working to top off multiple players and all of a sudden one of them drops into the danger zone out of no where, you notice that. It’s much tougher to get that player back to safety than one who’s just taking high, but consistent damage over time. It’s far easier to react to.

im not really sure what you’re getting at. considering i stated that earlier in the thread.

no it isn’t. you may panic more or feel like its more effort, but mathematically its the same. you have to output X HPS to keep a player topped off over a certain amount of time.