Greater pyro out of control

Greater pyro has been around for a few expansions now and no one complained about it like they do now. It’s the offensive cooldown burst that takes it over the top.

Still though, seems more like an arena problem than a battleground problem. I’ve had zero problems with fire mages in battlegrounds. Sure, I’ve been killed by them in a group fight while fighting other people but any ranged class could have accomplished that.

3 Likes

High risk, high reward. If i am casting a 4 second spell and actually get it off then someone should be spanked.

I don’t dispute that you are correct that you can nearly or simply kill with Gpryo->meteor->blast/pyro. Think about that. Gpyro, a pvp talent we have to take, is a 4 second stationary cast time. Then if you get it off you cast meteor, a 45 sec cooldown. It literally puts a huge flashing target on the ground that you can walk out of easily. If you get hit with a 4 second spell, stand in the bad for 3 seconds until it hits you, then you deserve to die. Contemplate the mistake in the GY, and learn from it.

3 Likes

i combine zombies+army+apoc and often a stolen GrPB. you don’t last any longer than you would against a mage.

most classes hitting you all at once with everything they got are going to drop you. but there’s a reason this is an arena problem and not a BG problem, in bgs you need to save your CDs because you don’t know how the fight is going to change from minute to minute. blow everything to lol-1shot someone and the now you have nothing left for his friends that just showed up.

10 zombies must be tough to get out? because I’ve literally never seen it (admittedly I don’t see a lot of dks as they’re not super great in arenas).

/Sigh man. See xaryu get GPS off all the time. Also as I said gp is compounded by the fact you have spammable poly on a different School of magic. I’d rather you lose gp than sheep. I hex you? Guarantee there is a dps that can use their dispel CD on it and guess what it’s spammable so start recasting gp. Shaman has a ton of stops but if I stop your gp I risk sheep, plus if I’m pushing in for shear I am going to get cc’d. Also how many rshams do you see in rbgs? Lol

Delete gp.

That’s my issue. Zero risk. It’s not on the same spell school as sheep/kick/block. Literally no cost.

CB has way more cost.

arena =|= bgs.

1 Like

I see dks in Bgs. Same with locks who also aren’t great in arena…

ok but xaryu also plays with a rogue that gaurentees him getting a 4 second window to do what he can do, your not taking that into account. and again your acting like your the only person on your arena team doing CC, sure you can risk a sheep but at the same time you can easily play resto shaman which gives fire mage the most problems or play with a monk that can interrupt alot as well

1 Like

Aye bgs meta is definitely different from arena. Doesn’t stop gp from being broken and needing to be deleted. Works just as well in bgs.

How do you not get it?!?! Zero risk?!?? Both are spammable. Get stopped on one get free other. Lol zero risk.

are you really the only interrupt around? especially in a BG?

you interrupt the GrPB and let your teammate interrupt the poly. or use any of the myriad of other ways to interrupt someone.

1 Like

theres a reason DR exists, i can only poly you 3 times you can interrupt the greater, and trinket the 1st poly making the 2nd poly only 3.5 seconds long at that point you need your teammate not to be braindead and call out for an interrupt like a normal person. i dont know what spec you are maining but if you can get the fire mage to blow frost nova and shimmer you can kill him fairly easily with your burst and grounding totem and as i said before resto shamans cause fire mages the most problems because of spirit link

1 Like

What I’m saying is that it’s spammable so they don’t need to pop everything until they land it. Most other classes need to pop major CDs to drop someone from. 100%.

Gp is spammable with zero risk. Meteor and blasts are shorter CDs than most walls and other burst CDs.

And yet the top rbg team runs 2 aff locks and 0 fire mages

If everyone kicks the mage’s gpyro over and over then the mage will /afk giving your team an advantage.

3 Likes

How is getting a 4 second cast kicked, turning it into a 10 second cast, zero risk?

Aye as rsham I have a lot of stops. But if we are using all our stops on the mage everyone else gets to free cast? Healers, clones? A team knly has so many stops.

As I’ve said, and people don’t seem to read, it only takes one. It’s spammable. So even if you use all your stops on the mage (sounds broken if that’s the only one you have to stop because others are so weak) he will still get one at some point. It’s spammable… Lol spammable. They always get one and it hits for 30% regardless of anything.

/Sigh people comparing it to full moon or cb are just too funny.

Because you can then spam sheeps and still kick and block and temp. Then go back to spamming gp /sigh

if your playing resto shaman and your teammate is letting you get greater spammed you really do need new teammates bud

1 Like

its not zero risk, 4 second cast time means 4 seconds of you not doing much of anything else, it could also mean 4 seconds of getting beat on by melee.

also, reanimation is spammable with less risk than a mage casting GrPB because i can stop after summoning a few to use a cd or pot or stolen heal, then resume summoning like nothing happened. a mage can’t stop mid cast.

And then you’re dead from the warrior sitting on you. Fun times