Gratz to Asmongold over 400k viewers

I genuinely don’t get the appeal. Not of him particularly (although, also that), but of watching any stream with that many viewers. I feel like the whole appeal of a stream is the interaction with the streamer and the others in the audience. That many people is just going to be a cacophony. There would be no coherent interactions going on at all. I like streams with at most a few hundred viewers. They’re fun.

Still, good on him for his success. It’s a pretty sweet gig I imagine.

2 Likes

For the longest time, he literally wore the same shirt for 3 weeks and then he went to the store and bought a new shirt. Asmongold is the poster child for bad hygiene.

1 Like

This is misleading. In fact, he was not streaming lost ark… he was streaming reactions to youtube videos about lost ark. The numbers dropped as soon as he got into the game :slight_smile:

He doesn’t make the videos himself anymore. He has “editors” who record his streams and put together the highlights for Youtube. They also create the titles and thumbnails.

Um, no.

He might stream it.

1 Like

I advocate casting off all parasocial leeches. Any time you have a compulsion to look at some streamer, log into the game and play instead.

3 Likes

That is pretty impressive, kudos to Withered J’im.

1 Like

Yeah the obsession with twitch statistics is annoying.
And obsessing over how well millionaire streamers do :confused:

Didn’t you knew GD is the forum where everything goes?

Lost Ark was really fun. Played it today and I love it not having to wait for the story since players have said it’s mediocre at best. I’ve been dying for a game that just allows me to kill monsters and people.

Tried FFXIV and I got bored. Wasn’t really interested in the story. Also didn’t like how a lot of the things were locked behind the story.

But yeah, props to Asmongold for getting this milestone in his resume! This is a huge feat!

2 Likes

Good. Streamers ruin the game.

Asmongold was born to game.

GD is kind of the new off-topic.

Let’s talk about cartoons. What’s your favorite cartoon?

:relieved:

What? Who?

And I should care about someone streaming playing a game…why?

But yet, you apparently cared enough to post in a thread about Asmongold :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If you truly didn’t care you would’ve just scrolled past it to some other thread etc

3 Likes

Oh man remember when that guy used to talk about classic, what was his wow channel called?

Then he would lose his cred with his base. It’s like country singers still singing about being poor on the farm while they live in their multimillion dollar ranches.

He’ll get more viewers when he streams Elden Ring soon.

3 Likes

He’s largely a guy that reacts to stuff. Click baity as it is, it’s what helps him boost his channel for YouTube’s algorithms.

1 Like

This topic is ridiculous and shouldn’t be in a WoW forum.
Go hire a goodyear blimp and trail Asmongold’s name on your own dime across the sky.
You Asmondgold groupies are really sickening.