Goodbye silver dragons

where does it get manually installed to?

No idea. I use the Overwolf client which has Curseforge attached.

oh. i refuse to use overwolf at all.

1 Like

Despite what some may think or say, it’s really not that bad.

1 Like

i tried it once with u block origins. had ads plastered all over the launcher…immediately uninstalled it.

2 Likes

Don’t worry. I’m not going away.

2 Likes

Silver Dragon lives, everyone. Crisis averted.

1 Like

Hello, I see you posted a thread about useless stuff. I use addons so I haven’t seen a silver dragons in like 10 years!

Thanks for your post and have a great day!

It’s such an iconic WoW icon but at least it’s something that can most likely be fixed with an addon unlike most of their other cosmetic changes.

We need more dragons not fewer in a dragon expansion.

7 Likes

I’m just trying to envision the conversation that happened to spark the whole, “Y’know what really wrecks this game?!? Them cursed silver dragon rare frames by golly…” thought train.

As a million other content bugs scroll across their log of necessary fixes to address. There’s definitely some productive choices happening for sure. Lop off that artwork, call it improvement.

5 Likes

Stupid change, and I hope they don’t go through with it. The new gold dragon looks way lower quality than the old version too.

2 Likes

How it will play out:

“We better put the silver dragon back. Removing it was pretty unpopular.”

“No, we don’t have time with so many bugs in our log of necessary fixes”

What is the removal of the silver dragon, but a self-inflicted bug?

I’m kind of in the same boat. Apparently, the point was to make map icons and frame icons match. But, at that point, you can keep the silver dragon all players have come to know and love and have associated with rare mobs the whole time, and just add the skull somewhere on the frame. There’s room for that.

5 Likes

“Hey Bob, the new intern needs a story on the scrum board”

1 Like

The fictional conversation continues. “It’s an improvement! This is progress! Look at how clean and streamlined everything is now. Well done, well done. Lovely new expansion feature, I bet they’ll never even notice how much their talent tree pathing is going to pain them.”

Said this in another thread.

For years people were complaining that rare mobs weren’t rare and that the silver dragon shouldn’t be used on them.

Well Blizzard listened. No more silver dragon, because the rare mobs aren’t rare.

1 Like

This dev team has a real distain and contempt for the old guard and are slowly chipping away at and removing everything they can to try and erase any sign of Metzen and crew.

6 Likes

I really dislike that change. It means that if you don’t have a big screen (I mostly play on a laptop) you will likely miss the stupid little icon.

What is it with this team? I have never used an addon for my UI but from what I’m seeing so far, I’m hoping someone makes one that makes the UI visible again instead of all those teeny weeny dots of something in the corners. :stuck_out_tongue:

They keep destroying the little things that make this game familiar, fun and special and moving to generic, dull and lackluster.

9 Likes