Goodbye Monk its sad , priorities at concept design are a joke

People at blizzard concept design stage need to be sacked. 4 covenant abilities which need to be designed into game for each character takes a massive amount of the development time. Class balancing and smooth play style has taken second place to these constant convoluted ideas which keep coming out and failing. Balance the Characters first, then make the Stories and zone content. Last look at what times left for the money men’s dead line to introduce some new ideas. By the looks of at it Monks and Shaman are in the to hard basket for the development teams to sort out. With the e sports mentality being the prime motivator now in the game, i’m afraid whether its right or wrong this Class is struggling in its DPS utility and healing. Perception in the community is everything and this is beyond repair at present. For those that stick with it, I feel your pain and you deserve better after such an awful BFA .

17 Likes

they just want your sub for the cool new content, doesn’t matter if they game play sucks.

2 Likes

Oh come on, let’s not exaggerate that far. Monks have some things that need attention but their fun gameplay is not one of those things. This class is a blast to play regardless of any issues it has.

10 Likes

THE FUN GAME PLAY THIS GUYS SAYS. smh bfa has had the worst game play yet for all classes, but WW is a complete joke compared to previous iterations.

3 Likes

Eh, its still been fun for me.

3 Likes

This class is a blast to play regardless of any issues it has.

100% false

2 Likes

like monk players says, is just a guy who have a monk as alt.
i think maybe blizzard listen to ‘‘us’’, but i think they listen this type of guy…

I’d like you to support your claim that it is 100% false that another play enjoys playing their monk.

I’m suspicious you don’t know that it’s impossible to call someone’s preferences false as false is a truth claim.

2 Likes

Theoretically, borrowed power is ingenious and has been successful at its goal. That is, you can develop this game for the long term more efficiently if you build unique encounters THEN worry about giving the players the temporary tools necessary to complete the challenges. Those tools can be scrapped later in favor of new tools to deal with the challenges of the next expansion (or patch) and the team in charge of developing those challenges need not worry about balancing them for the previous expansions tools.

As a business owner to me that just screams wasted development resources and time…

If I build something and pay for its development in labor hours and materials then it better be sticking around. If I need to reinvent the wheel every two years then I am on a flag ship to failure.

4 Likes

Normally it would be, but over time blizz saw the unsustainability of wow class ability bloat. New things must be developed anyway to keep the game fresh, so making the tools of the expansion disposable up front has less backlash than say… scrapping a playtime people decided was permanent, sacred and fundamental to a class. Its better to have people complain about a new borrowed power every major patch, than to have people rage and reject your unexpected changes after an expansion. Its better to have one development team working on new encounters for 9.0 while the other team works on balancing borrowed power to deal with the challenges of the encounters for 8.1. You are paying the development team anyway, the development they are working on has a shelf life anyway. They are making sushi, not Hondas. Its meant to be consumed once, so you don’t build the game pretending that these developments are permanent fixtures.

We can agree to disagree then.

The flaw is, it is not scrapping a playstyle (my assumption on your playtime comment). Blizzard could easily implement a scaling talent system ala D4 or D2. Then just like the level squish every few expansions they squash it back down to reasonable levels. The infinite paragon style system adds pseudo growth without using a cheap borrowed power system. This keeps from having to recycle every other expansion. Just look at the legendries in SL the majority of them are just recycles from other xpacs because development resources have been wasted on a borrowed power system.

You can only dedicate a % of your resource pool to development and wasting a chunk of the % on reinventing the wheel only to remove it every expansion is wasteful no matter what business philosophy you follow.

4 Likes

My biggest issue is no spec should fall so far behind in dps rankings and have Vers be their best stat. WDP not being usable when it should is unacceptable. Not being able to get out of combat like everyone else after FoF to mount and everyone takes off on you does not feel good. Everything is hunky dory until you see these problems over and over so much that it drives you to play something else. If it was good dps I bet these things could even be tolerable, but its not.

3 Likes

idk i played monk back in MOP, the class havent been reworked or change at all in 8 years. yea some small things got changed but nothing really that new in 8 years, its getting stale lmao

Did you not play in WoD when we became a gimped mage spec?

Out best talent and mandatory for raiding was a ranged spell we used at 3 chi for dot damage or 4 chi for aoe.

I mained MOnk for MOP,WOD and a little bit in legion. Basically the same stuff nothing really new, might of been a new spec but it played the same.

Also i dont raid i just pvp.

If you don’t think going from having to stack tiger palm 5 times in MoP with ramp up burst cooldown, played different then our ranged attacking WoD chi explosion, and that plays different to our current on demand burst (even if its weak compared to everyone else), then I don’t know what to say to you.

I didnt say that, i said the class have had the same abilities that played the same with the exceptions of small passive changes like that over time. Its been 8 years, gets boring. I play a striker in BDO, and its crazy to me that monk has some boring abilities after playing that thing.

oh yes. THAT.

1 Like

They have different teams for balancing classes and making story/zone content, they don’t take turns which gets priority, it’s naive and presumptuous to say they do.

Its still to soon to be making any grand proclamations.