Goodbye Faction Pride

It’s more roleplayish to let you pick your faction than it is to say an entire race is programmed from birth to only be this or that faction. How ridiculous is that?

Roleplaying is about choices you make for yourself, not ones the game makes for you.

3 Likes

disgusting Alliance

nou

Oh my god, the tea.

2 Likes

I love my faction but hating the other faction and them having a good story or villain is half the fun. That being said if the game dies out because everybody is playing one faction don’t you think gameplay then trumps lore?

Why is everyone arguing like the Overworld isn’t going to be faction divided?

It is. This is a big nothing sandwich

Feel like I ate Crazy Flakes. everybody’s arguing about hypotheticals that aren’t even true

So what you are saying is that your horde pride suffers if you can’t hate alliance?

That’s a bit sad isn’t it?

I have pride for my country (even in these dark and f’d up days) and it isn’t based on hate of any other race or country or any silly nonsense like that it’s based in the accomplishments of its people, not who they hate. I play both sides (like you have according to your double agent acheezement (in 2018 , 10 years after Wrath) But you are telling me faction pride can only exist in terms of hating the other side… foolishness.

Sorry that it will ruin what you call pride but this faction stuff at this point is outdated and really never was a thing anytime the big babies come along the factions bang it out together to save the world.

Dude…

Both factions clear the same instances and bosses. There’s things like orbs of deception in the game since almost launch.

Get over it. More people being able to play together is a good thing.

Having to roll alliance and transfer to KT just to be competitive at PVP back in the day, for example, sucked. It wasn’t fun gameplay. Same goes for rolling horde and moving to Illidan just to be with competitive PVE guilds previously (and maybe currently IDK). No one in 2022 should have to pick a specific server or faction to be able to be competitive or play with friends. That’s just bad game design.

Oh no, you can’t be proud of the imaginary faction your imaginary pixels are a part of in a video game because they’re trying to address a real problem with the game. What horrors

2 Likes

You have a list? That’s actually pathetic.

I think as it stands, a good solution going forward might be to revert back to PvP and Normal servers. (or possibly cross faction servers too)

On Normal servers and cross faction servers, have at it.

On PvP servers, keep things the way they always were.

1 Like

As a Draenei, the Orcs just helped us defeat our common foe, the Legion, so they’re good in my book. Not to mention I can’t help but be sympathetic to a race that was manipulated by the Legion…not like I could relate to that or anything. Right? RIGHT??

Feel free to stay opted out. You know, the choice you are being given since you don’t’ want to participate.

(Liking your own post with your alts is hella cringe my dude)

2 Likes

Faction Pride can still exist, you just have another avenue of gameplay more easily accessible to players that are looking to branch off into other forms of it, now that they can play with members of the opposing faction.

I must also add that it’s kind of ironic in the roleplay perspective that you’re playing as a Highmountain Tauren, who were aided by both members of the Alliance and Horde during the war with the Legion. For someone who is dead set on the roleplay side of faction pride, you sure as hell have a funny way of showing it, having chosen one of the more faction-neutral members of the Horde as your avatar…

2 Likes

I’m actually looking forward to being able to play with friends no matter what side they chose. I just wish it would come out faster

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to being all horde characters but still able to play with my alliance friends

The only things keeping me alliance are nelf demon hunters (wtb orc demon hunters) and friends

2 Likes

Ion said that they were providing an opt out option for those who prioritize personal RP above gameplay. Although he didnt use those words, thats just me. I WANT to be able to play with my Horde guildies on my Alliance Void Elf hunter. Likewise, I would want to be able to play my gorgeous orc hunter with my Alliance guildies. For me its purely about fun, the fun of being able to share the game experience with everyone, not to be closed off by a faction barrier limiting my game experience for far too long.

3 Likes

Real Pizza…

Great now I want some frelling pizza…

1 Like

It’s optional :woman_shrugging:t2:

Maybe they’re RP’ing spies. Yeah spies…infiltrate the alliance, deep cover, ready to strike when the time is right.

Thats the eve player in me talking. Part of the unofficial todo list. No achievement for it but…but making a successful spy alt is must do on the list of things to do for many.

Are they trading anything good? I’ve got some gold to burn.

Oh my goodness, un-clutch your pearls …in the current expansion Jania Proudmoore has gone from" Die orc!!" to “oh Thrall, are you alright?”… if she can , anyone can.
To be honest they should make it toggleable like war mode, once they iron out the exclusions in the base programing, but I don’t think there should be an achievement attached … unless you call it the “One is the loneliest number” Or “Hardhead” achievement.