Goodbye Faction Pride

sweet jesus man its a VIDEO GAME

2 Likes

Where exactly do you get racism? He said faction very clearly.

There’s enough hatred in this world now. It’s time for love. :sunflower: :rose: :seedling:

4 Likes

. . . Ya know there’s quite a substantial RP community that RPs cross faction right? You should pop in to the tournament of ages some time.

2 Likes

brother scomo doesnt even know have much a loaf of bread costs

Unless they change something it’s basically something you have to opt into with the current setup. Faction Pride isn’t going anywhere

But it’s okay continue to make snap judgments on things you have yet to experience. If it was live and in game and felt that way I would completely back you but none of us know anything yet until we can get our hands on it in the PTR.

Your thread is going to get a ton of likes though because people on these forms love snap judgments and anything that contains drama or negative negativity. They drink it up like water in the desert

2 Likes

I want the achievement for not playing with either faction.

3 Likes

I actually think that cross faction play allows much better narratives for both factions, including conflicts.

2 Likes

But you already failed that achievement.

It’s the one at the very bottom of the list.

The roleplaying part is kind of a bust because unless you invite them to your party, you can’t really interact with them.

5 Likes

Role playing is best when it’s free form, with as little constraints as possible in the game world. Think of all the potential opportunities to have your character understand and interact with a member of the other faction. Although it’s role playing, there are humans behind every keyboard here. You should be role playing WITH them to make interesting stories for your characters, their faction irrelevant. Don’t you want enemies that your character can communicate with? This opens up MORE Roleplay options for you.

3 Likes

Have you actually read the dev post or you are just another reactionist

There is very few things I legitimately hate but I can honestly say I hate anyone who is against cross faction play. Imagine being that stupid

1 Like

There’s role-playing, and then there’s LARPing and acting like Horde - I mean, your faction - is your personality.

1 Like

Then roleplay that. Your roleplay isn’t destroyed by this. It adds new layers.

This is also instanced gameplay only and I’d like to show you something.

Horde and Alliance working together in Warlords:

Horde and Alliance working together in BC:

Horde and Alliance working together in Legion:

And then there’s Siege of Orgrimmar, Firelands and the Molten Front, Ny’alotha and its zones, etc.

To ignore the fact that we’ve worked together when there’s a larger threat and that most of World of Warcraft has some form of peace treaty is just ignoring the lore and creating your own headcanon.

He’s also like honor level 40, which isn’t very high.
How much faction pride does somebody have when they don’t actively go out of their way to kill the other faction? I swear, every Horde PvP’er I know is happy about this because there’ll actually be Alliance to fight again.

This ain’t it.

Roleplay and storylines have nothing to do with player against player. So bringing up PvP is pointless.

And OP isn’t a roleplayer, so bringing that up is pointless.

1 Like

Since when?

Everything changes eventually…

3 Likes