Gold Trading - Clear answer is needed!

I think everyone understands that you cant transfer gold from BFA characters to Classic characters.

This is the question.
If I want 1000g on a Classic realm, is it a rules violation to make a mutually agreed on arrangement as follows. Both players log onto their BFA accounts and I give them 1,000,000g. In exchange, we then both log onto our Classic accounts, and they give me 1000g.

Alternate Scenario:
I take the time and effort to legitimately grind up 1000g on Classic. I then advertise in /2 Trade, I am willing to give someone 1000g on the classic server, in exchange for them giving me 1,000,000 (or whatever amount) on a BFA server.

Fall out effect of this could be as follows:
Player buys 10x Wow Tokens ($200) and sells them on a BFA account for gold. (Current approx value: 1,500,000g). That player then makes a mutually agreed on arrangement that they will do one of the two above scenarios. This is, in effect, allowing a player to spend real $$$ to obtain G on a classic server.

IS THIS A VIOLATION OF TOS, OR WILL IT BE??

Thank you.

40 Likes

it should be banned, tbh.

41 Likes

Yes! This needs an answer.

3 Likes

Agreed, the “awnser” given was much to vague. Especially when dealing with IRL $$$ and account suspensions. We need this resolved.

3 Likes

I can see how this would really disrupt the game. Can we get a straight answer?

5 Likes

Interesting idea. I suppose Blizz could track this through chat logs, unless it was done through Discord. There would really not be a way to control this as far as I can see.

Should be fine.

As far as I know, as long as no real world money/items are being traded for in game gold/items it’s allowed but you do so at your own risk. If the other person cheats you, you’re out of luck.

For instance, back when the TCG was a thing, it was fine for me to trade an in game code (the one you give to Landro Longshot) for gold but I couldn’t trade the code you put in the website to get the in game code. I also know people that have done this between different servers and regions (gold on US for code on EU) so I don’t know why Classic-Retail gold trading would be different.

3 Likes

…who is going to have 1000 gold in classic??? That is going to take a while, especially after they get their max riding and they have to build it back up again

8 Likes

Answer seems pretty clear - if you can trade gold legally between 2 retail servers, then doing it with a Classic server is OK. It’s not like you are adding anything to the Classic economy, just moving gold around. If it involves a 3rd party site though, goodbye gold and hello ban.

The vagueness is probably to keep from seeming to encourage or endorse it.

6 Likes

Yeah I’m not sure they understood what was being asked but in their defense the question wasn’t worded well with regard to specifying that the trade would be between two different people either

Edit: For clarity this was the question they were responding to: “What is the stance on people trading gold from Classic realms for gold on BfA realms and vice versa? I hope this will not only be an unsupported trade, but actually against rules and a bannable offense. If people can trade gold between the two versions of the game, then they can still effectively buy gold by selling a WoW token on BfA servers and then trading the gold.”

4 Likes

Right away? No one, but there are players who have more $$$ than brains. Early on players will be offering 1 token’s worth of G on a BFA account for 10g on Classic. That player will then be able to fully control a realm, by very literally buying what they want.

6 Likes

Good question. Bumping thread.

1 Like

A trade of that amount of gold would be flagged no?

4 Likes

Blizz wants their cut…

2 Likes

THINK ABOUT THIS

You can buy gold in BfA from Blizzard.

If Blizzard allows this, then you effectively can buy gold in Classic.

9 Likes

It’s definitely against the TOS. Since there’s no supported means of trading gold between classic and bfa, it would be considered purchasing gold from a 3rd party.

8 Likes

Its their discretion and if its reported if something goes wrong with parties involved.

who would want 1mil retail gold to begin with? LOL

3 Likes

Right now, 1,000,000 gold is worth about $130 in Battlenet credits. U can use that to buy game time (about 7 months worth), mounts, pets, transmog, server transfers, character mods, ect…

Would you be willing to forgo a 100% mount for 7 FREE months of game time?

2 Likes

can confirm, my husband is a huge AH goblin and gave me several mill to buy a spider mount last xpack as a gift, and his account was flagged over the trade.

1 Like