>>>>>gold sellers<<<<<

There’s an option in the social panel to decline all channel invites

2 Likes

I get this from guild invites.

Thanks I was not Prepared…

2 Likes

I finally got one yesterday! So exciting!

2 Likes

I reported a seller through the ticket system because I couldn’t right click their name to report the player. Here is the response the Blizzard rep gave me:

Greetings!

Thanks for contacting us to report this new avenue that gold sellers are using to spam their illicit services. We have reviewed your report and taken appropriate action against the account in question.

We have also forwarded this information to the WoW Dev Team for further review! They are exploring ways for players to report this behavior and even prevent it.

7 Likes

They are indeed aware. They’re also working on making these easier to report. Here’s a thread from CS with steps to report (without the need for a ticket) as well as a blue post on it:

3 Likes

You can /w them something, that way it will give you a name to right click, if you don’t want to block channel invites for some reason.

I was getting that too. Do you not realize you can Ignore them? And then they can’t send you invites and more.

Or you can just block channel invites and save your self the extra steps.

Back in the day it wouldn’t matter since they’d always create new accounts after eventually getting banned. I’ve only seen it twice so far since launch. They might not be as active as they were back then, which is good. Don’t have to see trade spammed by Susan Express anymore either :laughing:

C’mon Blizzard, just get rid of gold sellers 4head.

Gold selling is part of the Classic experience. #nochanges

2 Likes

Yes tons, since launch day.

Interface Options-- Social-- Disable chat channel invites.

You will still see the “gold spamming schmuck just invited you to his chat channel which is a thinly-veiled gold hacker site” message in your chat every time, though.

Hey Blizzard, there’s less lag on the servers if you’d finally do something about the gold farmers! Isn’t 15 years of payola to look the other way kinda overdoing it?! Get rid of these jerks already! Everyone hates them, hello!

Inb4 “lOl wOW toKeNs FiX thIS iSsuE”

Unfortunately Blizzard’s magic fails because you still get notified of the channel name and the spammer who sent the invite. I assumed block channel invites would mean block everything.

Oh I didnt think of that, prob cause I want nothing to do with said spammer hehe. Have made manual tickets for this in the past, shall do eet next time.

Gold sellers in classic, preying on people stupid enough to give account information to them? Sounds like #nochanges in action to me. :wink:

Holy &%#$ thank you, true MVP right here.

On a side note… how do they think this strategy will ever work? “Let’s interfere with their gameplay, that will make them give us their money” Has anyone ever been annoyed into buying stuff from somewhere? For me that kinda in-your-face advertising just makes me never want to give that company my money.

Thanks, I actually didn’t know that was an option and was wondering how to stop this. I only had one of them pop up on me, reported them through a bug report with no other way of reporting them, and moved on. I’m going to do this right now. Big thanks!! :hugs:

Somebody is buying their gold. Which one of you is it that is creating this demand?

SPEAK!

1 Like