Gold scammer Danger

So i press accept by mistake after pressing decline 1 millions time and i was wondering if the gold scammer by me accepting could get access to my account.

it is only a good scam if they offer sex leg.

1 Like

No, they are just inviting you to channel. Leave the channel, thats it.

1 Like

It’s a chat channel.

Unless you told them your login and password you’re just as safe as you were before you joined the channel.

If this is serious then it’s kind of adorable :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There’s a setting you can turn on to automatically decline chat channel invites.

I think it’s under the social tab in system settings.

3 Likes

You are being invited to a private chat channel. It is not much different than when you go into a city and automatically join trade chat. Nothing has been compromised on your account. Simply identify the chat channel number (#), probably 4 or 5, and type /leave #. After that go to your options menu, go to social, then check mark the option to stop channel invites.

1 Like

Wow, I just got slapped by that reference. It’s been way too long lol. Thanks for the morning chuckle.

1 Like

I have a macro that puts my username, password, social security number, IRL name and bank account number in chat every time I accept a channel request.

Am I at risk of scammers?

Blizzard, fix this! ™

2 Likes

I also suggest reporting these people.

1. /whisper [name], type a random message like “hey”

2. Right click on their name and click “report”

it’s a bit inconvenient and I think the devs are looking into making it easier possibly.

No need to whisper them there name has been right clickable when it pops up that I have chat channel invite blocked it says there name right next to it right click it report it and move on no need to even send them anything. though I have prob missed a few because it dont pop up in my face and it gets spammed out of the chat box fast. actauly I haven’t seen it for like 2 weeks now

Oh. I haven’t been pestered by one yet, was just paraphrasing from this thread which made the assumption that the name wasn’t clickable:

yeah it started out not being able to right click them but last time I saw one you could I also haven’t seen one in almost 2 weeks now.

2 Likes

Just block the channel invites and no need to click anything ever again.

Saw one a handful of days ago. You CAN right click report now! :tada:

3 Likes

I accept their chat channel invites and then disable them in the chat options. They can’t invite me if I’m already there lol. I don’t have to see their chat spam either. I rarely get invites now. This should work until they catch on.