Gold Making Tips

Seems there’s a small vocal crowd that is upset about not having gold to spend, so let’s provide them some helpful tips to make gold:

1. Learn professions. All of them if you can, but prioritize Blacksmithing, Jewelcrafting, Tailoring, Leatherworking and Enchanting. These all contribute immensely to crafting legendaries (other professions, such as Herbalism and Skinning, also contribute, but become much less important as you make more gold.) If you gather your own herbs, Alchemy is a good one too. “Professions are useless” is commonly stated and is extremely far from the truth. It’s not just current content in professions either - learn them throughout all expansions!

2. Do your callings. If you want to be the “most efficient” with your time, wait until there’s a day where two or three callings can be completed in the same zone. This is amplified by any number of alts you may have (alts help out a ton too).

3. Do your weeklies. Yes, they’re not necessarily what a lot of people logon to do, but weeklies (assaults, shaping fate, patterns) can pay a hefty chunk of gold as well.

4. Do your mission tables. Mission tables get a ton of flack by those who don’t want to do them, but they can be a good source of income when you’re getting started. You can even do them all from your phone!

5. Use trade chat! Whether it’s buying or selling, trade chat goes can benefit both sides of a transaction :slight_smile: Sellers can bypass the AH bots and buyers can score a deal.

What are some other gold-making tips that you can share with the community?

11 Likes

I’d rather watch paint dry

5 Likes

ok stop playing games

Reveal your best way of making golds mr.oiler

Those ways require ample amounts of gold to spend first.

2 Likes

Here’s my tip, get a job with tons of disposable income, buy tokens which is less than 15 min of your hourly wage.

6 Likes

Unless you have a lot of gold to jump into the legendary market early, new gold makers [I advice] to avoid that market.

This is all I do for gold, other than vendoring. I still have enough gold to cater to my needs.

1 Like

you will watch it dry. poorly.

3 Likes

Mission tables actually give a huge amount of gold this expac. Probably the most since WoD. Sure, they arent the 2000 gold ones that grab your eye, but all those 350 gold missions add up. You get a lot of them too, compared to other mission types. The augment rune missions also bring in a lot.

2 Likes

Does anyone have any good/up to date “mission table min-maxing” guide?? To be honest, I mostly ignored the mission table even on my main (still mission table level 17 in the year 2022) :laughing:

I happen to have a good amount of alts by now (15+)… but most of the extra/throwaway ones are like 2/9 campaign and like level 5-6 mission table, and either 0/8 or 3/8 ZM campaign lol

If there is some “min-max secret” to getting a maxed out mission table fast, I would love to know about it

2 Likes

also do low level quests that you havent done at level cap. its a fun way to make gold.

Pick Night Fae is my number one advice.
OP troops and decent followers means you can do tons of missions at once.
The highest number I can remember was 17 or 18 missions going at once with companions to spare.

1 Like

I miss the days of smashing Night Fae missions that were 20+ levels higher than the troops.

I missed it entirely. I started SL on this Shaman as Venthyr before leveling any alts. My 1st alt to 60 was my Rogue as a member of the Necrolords.
By the time I got a Night Fae at 60 the nerf was in, but they still rock most missions with troops + 1 companion.

1 Like

Some tips:

First, you need to run a bunch of torghast to get all the missing followers. It’s better to start now so they will be leveling up, you’ll need all of them to max it out. Also, rank up the mission table in the covenant sanctum too.

Get venture plan and the 9.1 updates (sadly, no 9.2 yet) so you can see how much xp missions give. The purple background xp will be awarded regardless, so you can send 5 companions out at once and not care if they win or lose. Don’t miss the green xp missions when they come up either, but try not to lose on those ones.

Always send your lowest lvl/xp companions out first on the highest xp reward missions, the ones at the bottom of the list when assigning companions have the lowest xp so you don’t need to manually check each one.

In venture plan, you can use the cursed tactical guide to assign the best combo to complete the mission. You can put in 1-5 companions then hit the button, but 1 is needed at minimum. The cursed adventurer’s guide next to it will tell you the likely outcome.

Prioritize the missions that give xp tokens, and try to make sure they will be successful. If you do the campaign missions (the helm icon) all the way, the xp tokens will start awarding 3000 xp, 7500 xp, and 10000 xp (lesser at lower campaign progress).

Companions will heal to full when they level up. Use this to your advantage, if a mission shows a companion dying but also a green up arrow, they will be healed to full so dying doesn’t matter. Also, if a companion comes back with 100 health left, and its like 500 anima to heal, and they have say 6000 xp to go to level up, you could use a 7500 xp token on that companion in this scenario and level them up/heal to full. This saves a lot of anima during the process.

Focus on leveling companions over gaining rewards until they are all 60. Then you can go all out, sending 1 companion and a bunch of troops to finish every gold, augment rune, crafting material, pet charm, and whatever else missions you can. Even a weapon mission for a low ilvl can sell for 100 gold.

Anima missions are a waste of time and companions, don’t bother with them. Same with soul ash unless you really need it or it comes with gold too.

I’m sure I missed something, but that should cover most of it.

3 Likes

If you’re able to, just pick up a couple of tokens from the shop. Done.

1 Like

If you aren’t making gold you aren’t trying. The game gives you so many avenues to generate revenue and if you’re unwilling to use them it’s on you, not Blizzard or anyone else.

Sign-up for uber eats.

Make money.

Buy Tokens.

Use Gold to buy Subs.

Infinite play time.

1 Like

Roll a female toon on Moonguard.

Start dancing.

Profit.

1 Like

Before people say you’re trolling, this is 100% correct. I’d much rather buy tokens than put in effort into parts of the game I have no interest in (Auction-housing).

Instead of putting effort into tracking costs of raw materials and consumables, I’d much rather track equity / derivative market prices in the real world. For example, a few thousand a month in dividends can easily be spent on WoW gold when you need it or consequently, spent on other games when you’re bored of WoW.