Going to Miss the Dragon Isles

I bought DR purely because I ran out of Classic material I could solo (dead guilds).
I still haven’t finished it.
Waking Shores got me emotionally invested, only for the completely dull Ohn’arhan Plains to squander it all. Azure span is pretty, but couldn’t regain my interest.
Dynamic flying means nothing to me but an obvious attempt to remove old flying.
The new professions/work order system needs to be set on fire, and that fire put out with urine.

1 Like

With the finish line in sight, it’s a good time for a review.

Overall, I think DF did what it absolutely had to do. A solid B+ from me. I expected bland filler, and that’s what I got, while they sorted out where to take the story from here.

Yes, it could have been more … hence the B+. But it could have been so much less, too, and that would have been disastrous after SL. They’ve recovered from the power dive. Now, with TWW, we will see if they can climb again.

1 Like

I’ve always had an active subscription, but some expansions I have taken some time off if I wasn’t super excited about some of the gameplay.

I did take a break during SL. DF has been a great surprise and improved stuff in a lot of ways. It also got several friends who had retired for an expansion or two and they’ve also been really enjoying it.

I hope they continue this trend and keep the momentum.

3 Likes

Well, I think TWW is going to make me miss DF.

Not looking forward to living my WoW life underground like a tunnel rat…/smh

1 Like

I will too. Coming into WoW, starting with an expansion, and playing for the first time (probably bias) has been the best time to start and I am glad to have join the forces of Azeroth!

1 Like

We are glad to have you here!

Loved it, haven’t really enjoyed the game since legion. BfA was a huge miss for me, and of course SL was even worse. I had low expectations for DF, and it excelled in a lot of ways I didn’t expect it to. I was very busy for the majority of the expansion but had a blast playing it on and off super casually.

1 Like

Overall, I really liked DF. But I’m still ready to move on and it will likely be a while before I feel the urge to come back. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Dragonflight is easy one of my top favorites. I stayed engaged the entire expansion unlike the last 3, and warlords.

1 Like

Narratively, DF was a little boring at times. Did not care for the “mah feels, let’s hug it out” writing. But other than that DF has been a very solid expansion with a few stumbles. Seriously, who thought the Caverns was a good idea?

2 Likes