Goblin event a no go

I have tried the goblin event only to find out that sharding and lack of multiple spawn points not viable. Not going to chase this event until the devs fix the lack of spawn points of this mob. I have lower level toons that can’t even tag this mob keep on sharding out as a lower level toon. Please fix this event.

1 Like

Use a target macro.

All you have to do is tag him.

7 Likes

Click on anyone there, then click on their target, which will be the gobbo.

3 Likes

There can’t be multiple spawn points or people will be upset that they can’t get tags on all goblins.

Sharding has nothing to do with being a lower level character, though?

7 Likes

portal shows up and even tagging the players by the portals I still can’t tag the goblin.

This can’t be a serious post. Nobody is that bad that they can’t target the goblin.

7 Likes

Are you trolling? Tab->hit with ranged attack. You got the tag.

2 Likes

There was a poster who complained about how difficult open world content was a couple weeks ago, he ranted for a week about this. Yes, there are some really bad players out there.

1 Like

A macro and spam aoe 2 seconds before it spawns if you can. There’s some cool cosmetics - up to you.

The event is lazy and phoned in rngfest with no real content. Just wasting hours killing the same thing over and over again.

Just log on once a day on the hour or half hour for the high drop rate.

No point farming it. Spawn locations and times are on wowhead.

And why aren’t they in-game somewhere?

Is Blizzard so inconpetent that they can’t create a tab that can be updated/changed to track the current event at the time going on?

Been that way since forever.

Always more info on third party sities than ingame.

Just be sure to cycle tags to get passed the multiple toy dummies that have been placed. :crazy_face:

You know, instead of Nasz’uro, how about a server message of where Gobo spawned or is spawning

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

so… exactly like the rest of the game?

:drooling_face:

3 Likes

No. Only a small number of people who didn’t understand how simultaneous mob spawning works would complain at first, until they realized they would still be able to get one kill per player per spawn.

Designing game features around “a few people who don’t understand this might complain the first time it runs” seems like a poor design criteria.

Option 1: create macro that says /tar goblin. Bind to key. Hit it when the guy spawns.

Option 2: turn on enemy name plates. Turn off friendly nameplates. Click on nameplate of goblin when he spawns.

Option 3: Target the training dummy that is inevitably near the portal. Build up chi or other resource. When the goblin spawns, immediately do a spinning crane kick or other aoe.

Can’t help with the sharding. I just suggest you get there before the 5 minute timer runs out.

1 Like

Is something getting lost in translation here? Is the OP trying to server-hop in search of a goblin rather than waiting?

edit: ah, right, sharding. Being on a quieter server/cluster, I haven’t encountered any of this at all this event (yet).