Gnolls would make a fair Alliance-counterpart to the Horde's Vulpera allied race

Gnolls are tribal, and haven’t been united in sometime, Just because the Riverpaw hate us, doesn’t mean all Gnolls hate us. Furthermore, the Forsaken, Blood Elves, and Tauren all have had run ins with Gnolls too, if anything they would be a neutral mercenary like race.

The most natural equivalent for mechagnomes I think would be mechagoblins.

Can’t say I’m really feeling the Alliance allied race suggestions for super off the wall stuff like Arrakoa. I think people vastly, vastly overestimate how popular they’d be. Even an allied race with as much appeal as Dark Iron Dwarves has only managed a 1.6% global population, weirdo races like that are going to be right at the bottom alongside mechagnomes.

Gnolls would honesty be perfect for the Alliance

yea, ew no…

One of my fav movies.

:rofl:

they literally gave us the hordes/most popular race in the game

And the Horde got Night Elves, so why are you people still acting like this matters?

Give the Arakkoa to the Alliance, both uncorrupted and corrupted in one, just give them a hunch option and a bunch of cool customization. No sexual dimorphism as in lore non-arakkoa can not even tell the difference between the genders.
They also have a lot of bad history with orcs and ogres, so it makes sense to join the other side.

1 Like

Always unsure what you consider yourself Mags.

Are you Alliance or Horde? Or do you just change perspective by the toon you’re posting on?

alliance. im not like that goblin or you guys who pretend they play horde in any capacity beyond seeing that side of story or making a lvl 10 alt to post on

1 Like

We already have a puntable toy. The Vulpera are the Horde’s.

That could be a couple goblins I know… Can you be more specific?

Until SLs I have generally had two Alliance toons at max with completed stories for the current expansion and one-two Horde toons doing the same.

While I do generally see myself as Alliance, I’m not on my Horde toons to just see that side of the story.

Heck I was Horde when I started playing back in vanilla literally 5 weeks after launch. Only reason I even ended up Alliance was because my friends made me then abandoned me and I kept the characters.

Odd amount of hostility from you given I was merely asking which side you consider yourself.

Edit: as an aside I also don’t see how people wanting to see the full breath and width of wows story is a bad thing?

i mean if you really played horde beyond what i described would you have gone ham for 3 years to get a model you were allegedly already playing

as for the hostility. its not the intent. i admit its annoying seeing you guys still spamming when blizzards made it clear they will keep copy pasting blood elf customization from blood elves to void elves without explanation. they stated as much as when they said the intent was for you to make your own story with it. farstrider tattoos will be copied to void elves so idk if you just like spamming or cant move on from the topic but that stuff is pointless now. but again not trying to come off as hostile

I didn’t. I’ve been asking for additional void based options for void elves and I’ve been seeking options for Blood Elves along with a smattering of other races and Allied Races. I also don’t particularly care if the void elves had or have the same model. I like elves, I like the void. Both together is damn awesome and unlike some others I’m less concerned with them looking the same so long as their stories are different. I can find value in that differentiation. That said I also understand why some absolutely hate it.

Intent is hard to judge through a text based medium so thats entirely fair.

Sounds like much of your frustration is actually shared with many others on both sides. A lot of people really wish the copy and paste was at the very least explained better. (Looking at you Dark Ranger options.)

Hell I’ve always wanted them to add in an explanation for the natural tones and haircolors. Its one of my greatest wants to see them explain that the wayfarers and scholars are going through a ritual to become void elves, but that ritual has a wide range of changes it may or may not make to the individual, thus allowing them to come out of it as Umbrician Blueberry elves, Allerian untouched elves and a mix of the two.

Far as folk making thread after thread about it, I don’t like it either but I’m not gonna ignore a thread just because. I’d rather everyone post in one of three associated threads. Either mine for void options, Lore’s/Sandrinar’s for high elf and the Blood Elf thread for blood elf.

That was the whole point of breaking it up in the first place.

I really don’t know what to tell you at this point for the tattoos or warpaint. I’m a fan of differences between the two but I also recognize that thats unlikely. My ideal would be to share the traditional WCII ones as a throwback to both cultures origins and have specific unique ones to better represent what they are now. That way everyone gets something cool.

2 Likes

The alliance already has a doglike race - Worgen. Don’t you want Sethekk or something cool like that instead?

Furbolg, Sethrak, Jinyu, arrakoa, frostborn, proper wildhammer, ethereals, mogu.

Normally my topish list for Alliance. I feel like I’m forgetting someone there…

2 Likes

like i said blood elf farstrider tattoos will be copy pasted to void elves

dracthyr are better. this is another place where id rather they just bake in sethrekk/drakonoid body types into dracthyr. dryads would be cool and new

Mecha gnomes werent a lazy concept, they were passionate about them and got a lot of screen time.

Gnolls make no sense being on alliance, everything about them screams horde with tuskarr being its alliance counterpart.

2 Likes

Most likely.

With luck they’ll also add some unique ones to show the differences.

I agree. Mechagnomes are awesome. Folk just looking for something to hate.

3 Likes

…could always try cyber-goblins with… Explosive options.

:grin:

1 Like