Gnoll Playable Race

Hrmn… not necessarily?

We’ve got Sethrak showing up again, after all.

1 Like

They look pretty neato.

8 Likes

Gnolls for Horde, Furbolgs for Alliance, Tuskarr for both.

This is what I want in prelaunch.

4 Likes

You guys better hope you get something good for once. The Alliance needs for the next few times several AAA-developed player races, with us getting only recolors to even out the Horde bias.

3 Likes

Well the game is shifting further and further toward the faction barrier becoming less important, maybe the success of the cross faction grouping will have us seeing vulpera in stormwind and worgen in orgrimmar.

Kinda outside the point of playable gnolls but it would resolve alot of this “new race faction favoritism” if they just reduced the impact faction choice had on gameplay overall.

2 Likes

Omg don’t get my hopes up for Sethrak for alliance. I still can’t believe we got diaper gnomes and horde got Vulpira in BFA

1 Like

Only if they come with Mulocs.

2 Likes

Who knows whether its possible or not? We’re seeing more Sethrak, and some that are completely unaligned with either faction. That, and Blizzard going from Gender to Body Type might mean they no longer feel beholden to have sexual dimorphism in every playable race. Might be some future races will only have the one body type, particularly if they’re based on an animal that lacks such traits to begin with.

Like snakes.

2 Likes

After what they did yo Hogger… Nope i have 0 faith

It looks significantly better, though…?

8 Likes

It would be the one race that D&D does not have as default, though there are homebrews. Blaze some trails Blizzard.

2 Likes

I’ve wanted a Gnoll race since TBC.

Worgen are really cool, don’t get me wrong, but Gnoll just have an old school look I enjoy.

6 Likes

The base/‘dragon form’ of the Dracthyr, the form they will be in whenever in combat (like base/‘worgen form’ does for Worgen) already doesn’t have the dimorphism. I imagine there will be quite a few who just stay in that form, as those that just stay in base form for Worgen.

Could see more races making use of that lack of dimorphism.

1 Like

I wonder if the gnoll’s decay magic will be shared with the forsaken to create their own branch of druidism if they want to open that class to the forsaken.

Maybe recruiting the gnolls might be a way to rehab the forsaken’s PR.

2 Likes

Playable gnolls LETS GO

Also, worgen really need tail options. They have always looked so awkward with chimpanzee butts.

4 Likes

Heck yeah. I’d love to play that if we ever get it

1 Like

Yea it would make sense for the Horde to have Gnolls.

We have 2 Taurens, 2 Draenei, 2 Trolls, 2 Orcs, to name a few. 2 Bears isn’t a bad thing, really especially since the furbolg would be kinda neat imo. I mean, they could iunno, just make the Gnoll neutral and call it a day.

It’s not like they haven’t done something like that before, I mean DK and DH were hated by literally everyone, and Worgen were a mob that the alliance humans fought constantly in Duskwood. Yet the Worgen is an Alliance race, and the DK and DH are playable by everyone.

Heck even when they even gave Worgen the chance to be DK they did it because “It was cool” and not because it made sense.

But why does the Alliance has to get another “cheap” race while we get another unique one? That’s the problem I see permanently. There is no diversity within the Alliance. If it goes by the current players, then it should be like this:

Tuskarr (another fat and undesired race which gets hyped all up but isn’t played then, they should be neutral) - Sethrak
Furbolgs - Gnolls

With that said, the Horde has - again - the better races available to them alone.

Personally, I don’t find them “Cheap” really, and would as a player who enjoys both sides but stays mostly alliance due to friends, would love Gnoll on the alliance to break up the typical posh well spoken races.

Don’t get me wrong, I would love to play a furbolg as well, tuskarr and sethrakk included and faction really wouldn’t stop me. However I love things that don’t feel normal, like playing a Tauren Rogue which I have wanted since classic. I wanted the beastly Worgen as a playable race, and instead got A posh pooch in a tophat.

While I agree the horde have some good races, I believe that is a personal matter of opinion because I personally find the undead to be a huge negative to the horde side, I have never liked them as a race no more than I like gnomes.