GMs wont answer tickets, close tickets instead

Put in a ticket two days ago, and got this in response.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/733916224278233089/767899124569604096/unknown.png
Has anyone else had this happen recently? I understand the influx of tickets after prepatch, but why are they answering like this and closing tickets instead of just waiting until they can respond to it? Id wait a week for an answer instead of abruptly having my ticket closed… ._. I reopened it of course, but I dont think this is a good way of handling things, idk.

( also as a note, my issue wasnt addressed in any of those links that were provided </3 )

11 Likes

This is why Activision is taking over. Blizzard is severely unprofessional.

18 Likes

if u click no ticket , u hafe less work 2 do it

solushin , no more problim 4 them

12 Likes

Did the resources resolve the issue?

If not, did you respond like the GM asked?

They’re answering like this because, I’m guessing, some automated system has flagged your bug report as something pretty common – already addressed in one of the four resources they sent you – and so it is far more efficient to send you those resources, and have you contact them back if they are insufficient.

4 Likes

I dont think you read my entire post because I touched on all of your questions there already n.n

11 Likes

Yeah, my bad, I literally just read it and was like “oh no I need to edit!”

4 Likes

I think the poop has long since hit the fan and now they’re trying to stay afloat in it tbh.

It seems every aspect of wow, retail and beta are currently way behind and even crunching won’t be enough.

I feel bad for the workers tbh. I think everything is a little over promised and under delivered

10 Likes

Yeah, it’s just really crappy. The pandemic stresses everything to begin with. It’s a tough time to be productive no matter what you’re doing.

1 Like

Re-open the ticket and add info that none of the proffered solutions worked for you.

6 Likes

And someone will come on here complaining about how long they have to wait :man_shrugging: Either way someone is going to be unhappy so I don’t see it mattering which crowd they choose to upset

1 Like

You get put in an expedited queue if you reopen it. I don’t blame them for doing this when queue times get really high. Those articles probably do cut down on the amount of people putting in tickets, and it’s not like it’s a hassle to reopen it and get an answer.

2 Likes

I understand its not a hassle to reopen, and I did reopen the ticket, I just personally think its unprofessional to answer like that. I doubt they read my ticket period. Youre welcome to think otherwise though! n.n

4 Likes

Some posters around here (e.g. Nobully) will leap to defense and tell us that GM’s don’t simply close tickets. Good to see more contrary proof.

15 Likes

Did the us ever even go into shut down? Or are your leaders still content to let it ride it’s course

It was left up to individual states to choose. Most states took half-measures. All but three states are trending worse, and we’re having more daily cases than our previous peak.

My state took aggressive measures at first, then we “relaxed,” now we’re on our second concurrent week of record highs, and no one in power is going to do anything.

Hell, my mother’s a teacher – her school district said they won’t go remote even if their county’s in the red (>25 per 100k people). One of her coworkers contracted it and they didn’t even quarantine that teacher’s students.

I read through your response and it is pretty generic in that it hopes you have a common issue with the latest patch and can find something useful in the links. They do this when ticket volume are insanely high. Not ideal, not at all.

Keep in mind, GMs are not the place to submit bug reports or game complaints.

This article might help with what GMs can do.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/spotlight-on-game-master-help/11354

If you don’t have a bug, and it is something GMs can do, please re-open your ticket! That puts it up in the queue.

Also you can always post on the CS forum if you want more guidance on how navigate support channels.

5 Likes

What a train wreck.

Where I am in the world, we’re pretty much back to 90%+ normal with the only really noticeable thing missing is large festivals and such. Haven’t had a case in months.

1 Like

I’m very jealous. Everything right now is just killing my mental state - it’s hard to even get most my classwork done, honestly, just like this big cloud hanging over everything.

It’s not a fun feeling, when basically everyone in every position of power has just punted responsibility away. :\

1 Like

What is probably argued is that they can’t close a ticket without a response, which they can’t, the tools don’t let them. This is a response though, even if it is just a template answer.

1 Like

Oh, I totally understand. We were remote working from march to june/July and I got almost nothing done.

Came back to work and it was great. Most I’ve ever done.

1 Like