GMs in general

Recently I opened a ticket regarding an achievement that I didn’t get credit for. Instead of actual help, I was directed to wowhead on instructions on how to complete said achievement, as well as a link to Icy-veins to find what I may have missed.

Is this the state of GMs these days?

they don’t even talk to you anymore, and actually wait until you log off to close the ticket with no resolution. I miss when GMs were helpful and actually tried to find the reason for your ticket…

Frustrated sigh…

18 Likes

Ok but what was the achievement you didn’t get credit for ?

1 Like

Yes, has been for a few years now.

Even if you were online when they replied, they wouldn’t message you in-game. You’d still just get a message via the tickets through the website.

2 Likes

GM’s have always been hands off on achievements. Back to the day they were first introduced. Absolutely nothing has changed, you would’ve gotten the same response in WOTLK.

3 Likes

No, but it’s the state of their customer service. That wasn’t a GM. That was their obligatory worthless automated response. Following that you have to go back into the ticket and there should be an option to say you still have a problem, or something like that. And you basically resubmit the ticket. Then you wait a few days and you should get an actual response from a person.

I highly advise using the website in a proper browser to do all this rather than in game. Navigating the ticket menus is bad but it’s even worse in game. Also, honestly, you shouldn’t get your hopes up with this one anyway. I would wager that they’re just going to say it sounds like a bug so please submit a bug report.

6 Likes

Yep always the link to wowhead articles (like you didn’t start there in the first place), and if you press them you just get the submit a bug report and they wash their hands of it. Completely useless. Tickets have been a waste of time for years.

2 Likes

Person - Sends ticket in for help.

Blizzard response - go google WoWhead newb.

8 Likes

That is what a billion dollar gaming company looks like. No one in Blizzard cares about you they just want to get paid on Friday.

1 Like

That is the question…and the OP never answered. So, without more details and knowing GMs are not going to give hints I have to assume suggesting WoWhead was a good answer

Hey, could you let us know what achievement it was?

There are a lot of great people here on the forums who can likely be more helpful–or at least let you know that it’s a known bug.

It is kind of frustrating that this is the state of the game these days, but I always do a quick look on the forums here (especially the bug forums) and then Google it to see if anyone else is having the issue before I submit a ticket.

Lately, a lot of people have been saying to post in the Customer Service forums as you’re likely to get a quick response there.

Hopefully this helps with your own issue, but if you want some extra help, please consider letting us know or checking out the CS and Bug forums, too.

:sunflower:

Yeah, but to be fair, people likely complain about a lot of irrelevant stuff these days that they just automate a lot if it. Or just use a copy and paste comment.

Although, I haven’t had a GM talk to me in game for years now.

1 Like

lol. I’m still angy for my plagued protodrake achievement bugging because of a dc and then being unable to complete it on any character. But yes. Thee exact same responses in wrath.

1 Like

:crab: :ocean: :crab: :ocean:

3 Likes

If only they linked a Thottbot page instead.

1 Like

I remember the good old days where you would open a ticket and they would actually open up a chat with you in world to talk about it.

Yep, those days are long gone.

I always love a Thottbot ref.

Ok but did the redirect to WoWHead help…?

2 Likes

This is a good question, I was referred once to wowhead, and it was a “doh” moment for me.

I read your CS thread where you had a meltdown OP, you were short the requirements for your feat of strength. You were also told that the best information on Feats of strength was WoWhead, which isn’t wrong.

You also had no GM’s in your CS thread and were on warning for the amount of needless appeals. Sad the thread was delisted apparently, would be interesting to link it here.

Being disingenuous for attention is fun isn’t it?

1 Like

It’s not just gaming companies. It’s any corporation. And small wonder, ever tune in to CNBC or any other stock market show where they have programming for stock holders (i.e. the owners of corporations)?

Ever see anyone advising stock holders on how they should forget about a return on their investment and focus on having their company be good corporate citizens?

For that matter have you ever met a stock holder who cares more about whether the company they invested in is a good corporate citizen and less about whether or not it is a good investment?