GM: "Don't use *HARDWARE* input broadcasting to multibox, either, if you care about your account."

so… everyone is getting banned now?

oh that’s gonna be awkward.

3 Likes

everyone using input broadcasting software – either PC based or embedded in hardware such as USB multiplexers to cause 1 input action to be replicated across more than one WoW client faces account action.

The rest of us will be fine.

1 Like

Brilliant ideal. Now let’s give Blizzard 100% access to ALL files that could possibly be used to find these cheating hardware multi boxers so they can be found.

Yeah, I didn’t think so…

1 Like

Oh don’t be silly, it is just the round by the “anti-multiboxers”. Next they will report your friend if he has the gall to auto follow you while he takes a quick bathroom break!

3 Likes

You’re mistaking Blizzard for something bound by law. If several people report a bunch of accounts for multiboxing that looks like input broadcasting Blizzard can ban the accounts without in fact proving in a court of law that it was input broadcasting and not, in fact, an ingenious array of toothpicks and clockwork gears across multiple independent systems

You’re pretending as if we don’t /follow people. We also know that a cloud of druids stripfarming a zone looks very different from a friend on /follow while on a bio break.

They didn’t say this. Bots come with an internal program. They don’t use key cloning, which is what was banned.

It is called having a sense of humor, you may want to look into getting one.

1 Like

and how does someone boxing 2 characters, look any different to a friend on follow? :thinking:

Yes it is /shrug

How so? What rule is being broken?

It’s pretty simple. The friend on /follow doesn’t use any abilities. Particularly at the same time as I am. I’ve had friends follow me and in the last 14 years precisely 0 of them used abilities.

Chauffeuring a friend from node to node so their royal majesty can click on nodes is the closest thing I can imagine to wiping their behind for them.

And if it is indeed a one-off thing that your friend did with you then it won’t matter because the logs will clearly show that your friend and you logged on at different times and did different things in different zones at the same times.

1 Like

But Blizzard’s original intent wasn’t to ban all multiboxers. Just the casual ones.

Lol, you already do that. Warden has been labeled as spyware by multiple organizations and there have been actual law suits against Blizzard for its broad RAM scanning.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/KVM_switch

There’s software and hardware. Hardware is literally mechanical. The old school ones, you turned a dial to signal which output the peripherals worked on.

Have you ever actually used one?

3 Likes

Don’t get in that discussion, they aren’t talking about “any software” they are talking about input broadcasting software, hence the reason they said … “input broadcasting software”.

If people want to be funny and say “all hardware has software” then all the PC components they use have input broadcasting software on it.

and I still want to know why this conversation exists, if you’re right just let boxxers get banned :man_shrugging:

Can’t afford India.Panama neither. Nor Malayisa.

The only people they can afford to hire are new US college graduates :slight_smile:

My first network OS was Novell Netware 3.2 (iirc). Please, do tell me of an available pure mechanical KVM switch that allows the output of 1 USB keyboard and USB mouse to be simultaneously broadcast to up to 5 computers.

I’ll wait.

I also have a switch that allows my keyboard and mouse to “broadcast” to multiple devices. I can set it up to control device 1, 2, 3, 4 or all, buy clicking a button on it. I used it back when I had to bring my work laptop home.

I’m sorry, I know just how horrible that must have been!

Look up Adder Technology and their KM siwtches, can broadcast up to 8 computers at once… The ‘Adder CCS-Pro8’

2 Likes

You’re saying your switch can address 5 separate USB Host Controllers and multiplex the output of a USB keyboard and mouse to all 5, maintaining addressing and arbitrating between all 5… in hardware? without embedded software?

1 Like