GM: "Don't use *HARDWARE* input broadcasting to multibox, either, if you care about your account."

replying to myself, because i wanted to add this one too.

i’m quite convinced that the entire thing is fake at this point.

it doesn’t seem coincidental that the OP posts with the same types of errors.

https://i.imgur.com/WkuUaZC.jpg

(oops, i forgot to underline “So as what”)

and rofl at “play the game normally” :joy:

6 Likes

Yeah, no, it did none of that and that GM has ZERO understanding of how hardware casting works.

Edit: for clarification, hardware casters don’t contain software. They use the software built into your OS.

So unless they are planning to ban all Windows users, this is a load of hogwash.

4 Likes

That’s kind of an unsatisfying answer tbh. If hardware multiboxing with a specialized keyboard follows under the “functionality” of that keyboard then, it would break their policies since no ingame macro can copy inputs to multiple clients. But we don’t know if hardware multiboxing with other equipment is under that same category please be more specific blizzard.

no other restrictions have been announced regarding hardware. Keyboards/mouse macros and functionality, assuming they work within our policies (i.e. do not use the keyboard macro to do something beyond what our in-game macro could do), is generally fine.

Later on in the thread someone asks this

If I have 10 computers each connected wirelessly to one mouse… when I click the one mouse the action is repeated 10 times is this allowed? If so why, is this any different than using software to accomplish the same thing?

The blue post response is

Sorry, we’re not going to be able to providing commentary on a myriad of hypotheticals.

just answer the question REEEEEE. I’m pretty sure if they answered this single question almost all of the “myriad of hypotheticals” would also be answered.

yes, I’m sure that its small clockwork mechanisms that are copying the input from your USB keyboard and mouse to each USB host, keeping in mind UHCI / EHCI and possible different polling speeds AND responding / arbitrating between different queries and commands from each host for everything from mouse sensitivity to the LEDs on your keyboard.

All done in hardware, yes sir.

It’s an input multiplexer, not your string of Christmas lights.

Its okay man, no reasoning with them. Copium is a hell of a drug.

idk what to tell you man. Blizz is clearly offshoring their email customer care. If I wanted to, I could easily have faked perfect English.

:man_shrugging:

:slight_smile: I made 1 typo in my ticket when I said 14 year instead of 14 years. Look at my posts. I’m not saying my English is perfect but it’s far from broken.

Actually I’ve seen GM’s with questionable spelling. They’re just humans, probably underpaid. They write and just click post like everyone else.

This post however could very well be fake it wouldn’t surprise me. It also wouldn’t surprise me if “innocent” people get caught in the crossfire. I just want mutlboxing botters removed from the game asap.

so you’re ok with botters, as long as they’re not boxing?
:thinking:

1 Like

Did you see the spelling? Horrible I just noticed it myself. Not sure the last time I saw a single bot farming honestly. I’m sure they’re standing in some hidden spot fishing. Nowadays it seems most of them are multiboxing.

go hang out the front of Iron Docks for a few minutes.

…and you probably see SINGLE bots farming all the time, you just don’t notice them because they’re not as eye-catching.

No but an in game macro can cast a spell, that’s what they are talking about.

1 PC

/cast Shadow Bolt

:+1:

1 keyboard wired to 5 PCs

/cast Shadow Bolt

Sent to all 5
:+1:

1 PC

if target is Paladin and doesn’t have divine shield buff then /cast Shadow Bolt

:-1:

Or, people would just come up with more hypotheticals :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

This brings me back to a epiphany I had in another of these threads, if you guys are so against multiboxing what are you doing here? Just let me get banned? If you’re so convinced you’re right just let me go and get myself banned.

4 Likes

What I was saying is that if they answered that question about multiple computers being controlled by one mouse, then they basically are answering the question of “is hardware multiboxing okay?”.

Back in the dawn of Azeroth people hardware boxxed, then sometime in 2009 I believe software was made and people switched to using software, then in 2020 Blizz is like no, no more software, and someone made a thread and was like “what about hardware?” and Blizz responds with “No changes have been made in regards to hardware”

wouldn’t that mean, that what multiboxxers did from 2000 to 2008 is still ok? Which would be hardware boxxing?

3 Likes

If I was trying to fake it (which I’m not and feel free to post tickets yourself and wait for 6 days for a semi-straight answer) why introduce such obvious flaws and errors? It’s obvious that at least part of their support is offshored somewhere.

It’s possible that it’s fake, it’s also possible that’s it’s real. I would be exactly 0% surprised if a CS/GM didn’t like multiboxing, they are humans too and even if they don’t play wow they probably get tired of hearing about multiboxing so a GM wishing “everyone would play normally” doesn’t surprise me.
Luckily, solitary GM/CSs don’t make policy because if they did then I’m sure I’d wakeup in the morning to an update lol.

Iron docks hm… Gorgrond?

yep

or Botanica … near Tempest Keep

Whether it’s software built into your OS or anywhere else, the use of software to broadcast keyboard and mouse input is clearly against the ToS. And the USB devices that I was seeing have embedded software in them that allow them to address, differentiate and respond to 5 separate computers while broadcasting identical inputs to all.