GM: "Don't use *HARDWARE* input broadcasting to multibox, either, if you care about your account."

I’ve had multiple tickets resolved, i’ve NEVER seen a reply like that. Sure an occasional typo, but that’s made up for sure.

5 Likes

No one else was there, it’s where you kill the strategist for Kelia quest line

I tried to warn people in a thread last week. I’ve been busy reporting everyone I see botting or dual boxing.

You’d be surprised. Person allegedly got in trouble for having an account JUST to advertise… and then after the fact they changed the policy to state that accounts purely made for advertising are against the rules. He was silenced, appealed, and the account in question banned if I remember correctly.

So… it’s always up in the air with these sorts of things.

1 Like

i haven’t seen a proofread like that since i typewrote my 11th grade term paper back in 1990. afterwards, we’d type it up in the computer lab using Wordstar and submit it on floppy disc

People have been saying that while using software to copy a single input to multiple clients is now bannable, using hardware such as a Keyboard & Mouse Multicaster or something similar is not. The GM has basically confirmed that it’s a frowned upon way to play the game and players that engage in multiboxing using these solutions can have actions taken against their account. This post basically clarifies stuff that was in a grey area.

2 Likes

lol look at all the multiboxers mass flag this post.

2 Likes

Because it isn’t, and no one is going to believe a poorly worded image that could be faked, if you want to have grounds for an argument you better get Blizz to make a blue post on their site or change the policy wording on the multiboxing support article.

1 Like

I don’t understand why blizz refuses to shed light on this topic. They could clarify everything in a few sentences, yet they don’t. It’s really frustrating tbh.

Because they already clarified. In no way is hardware multi boxing currently capable of botting, so Blizzard has no need to do anything against people using wireless input to control multiple PCs at the same time.

Maybe once I finish getting the hardware for my desktop computer, I should open a second WoW account just to dual box.

3 Likes

I said this before as well lol.
Maybe there is a reason we aren’t thinking of for why they won’t say. Maybe we should go to other companies devs and ask them what they think of the situation, maybe they will have an educated perspective since they are in the same position as Blizz.

The future of streaming

https://youtu.be/eKiSX8qYL3M

3 Likes

If it was clarified by blizzard then I’d like to see the post where they talk about the exact topic of hardware multiboxing.

This is putting words into blizzards mouth. It may be the case that this is true and what blizzards stance on hardware multiboxing is, but until they state it explicitly we can’t assume that hardware multiboxing is allowed.

Blizzard clarified that software multi boxing was a problem as it looks like botting to Warden.

It is no such issue with strictly hardware.

Just stop.

Now you mention it, would be nice to be compensated for it but then I can see how it can be horrifically abused.

Gee, I wonder if the people with 10 accounts have something to do with this thread being flagged.

:thinking:

6 Likes

Naw, more like people not appreciating OPS lies and attempts at obfuscation.

1 Like

That would be the people with 10 accounts?

Peripherals require a software driver. Without some form of software intermediary they would be unable to broadcast inputs.

1 Like

Nope. I have one account (technically four, but the other three have been inactive since December 2019 and are locked behind a stolen authenticator).