Glyph of Shadowflame Shards

You know you want to do it, Blizzard. This is the way.

7 Likes

You have that. Soul shards are same color of shadowflame.

This…

Is not this…

5 Likes

The 2nd picture is not shadowflame. I know shadowflame because my spells have used shadowflame since 2007.

Shadowflame is a gradient between orange and purple, not just purple. Purple is shadow. Green is fel. Orange is fire.

It is now. Or have you just been ignoring all of 10.1?

3 Likes

BLISTERING TWILIGHT…would be nice.

I want my verdant spheres back.

1 Like

Evoker, fire effects become infused with Shadowflame.

Make it so.

1 Like

How about a glyph for the UI versions of the shards? I liked it back when they where flames for destro.

1 Like

I’ve got fel touched shards floating above my head atm but if we can get purple red flaming shards I’d swap to that glyph in seconds as demonology spec uses shadow flame a ton. I’d also love it if my resource shards would reflect as the same color of the shards floating above my head as warlock had some truly amazing shard models through the years. Destro having flames for their shard was always cool although it’d also be kinda cool if my shard resources would flash like the soul inside each shard was demanding freedom before I drain them into dust to conjure my demon hoards

Warlock shadowflame isn’t the same shadowflame in 10.1 lol. Theirs is just a gameplay relic not properly reflecting what the spell actually is.

Unless you want to claim Affliction is just as much a void spec as shadow priest because it does shadow damage.

The Shadow Bolt used by Warlocks is a Bolt of Shadowfel if you pay attention to the Spell Animation.

1 Like

And now I’m hoping Blizzard never does this.

I want a shadowflame voidwalker. I promise I’ll feed it and love it and take it on walks and clean its poop.

Please Blizzard.

1 Like

here here! glyphs for Dracs!

Shadowflame magic is shadowflame magic. They didn’t invent something new.

Shadow magic is shadow magic. You can’t be serious.

I choose to ignore the fake shadowflame.

LOL fair.

For me it looks infinitely better and makes more sense than just “here’s a purple color like every other purple color.”

And I get that some spell updates do suck— because personally I hate the green paint splatters that my green Warlock spells look like now— so I understand if you don’t like it. That’s totally fair. We don’t all like the same things. :slight_smile:

So then where’s the void-induced sanity issues for Warlocks, Subtlety Rogue, or undead in general? If shadow magic is all the same they should be dealing with it too.

Shadow was a generic “dark magic” before Chronicles introduced the cosmology chart that gave most shadow magic a void association. So either warlock shadowflame is not the same thing because it’s a relic of pre-Chronicles shadow magic, or it is the same thing and they should be dealing with sanity/whispers from the void. And they’re not dealing with void whispers so we know it’s the former.