Glyph of Shadowflame Shards

You do realize that Shadow and Void are a little different, right? And you do know that the Insanity thing for Priests is a gameplay mechanic only recently added?

Shadow magic has been used for ages without going insane from the Void. You can touch the Shadow without delving full into the Void.

YEAAAaaas Please!
:dracthyr_love_animated:
I have normal shard for Affliction, Fel for Destruction just need Shadowflame for Demo!
:dracthyr_heart:
PS: Give Evokers Shadowflame quest too please! I love if my Blue/Red/Black flames would have that tint added to their powers like Warlocks have with the Green Flame!
:dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

1 Like

Shadow priests use shadow magic, which is void magic. You say shadow magic is shadow magic, therefore, warlocks and sub rogues use void too. Where are their sanity issues? You’re not making sense.

No, it’s a pretty universal thing that happens when you dabble with the void. See Alleria’s story in Legion or anything having to do with the creation of void elves. Shadow priests have it as a gameplay mechanic but they’re far from the only ones who experience it.

Yeah before Chronicles retconned shadow into void magic lol.

Warlock shadowflame is from pre-Chronicles era and was just basic shadow magic, new shadowflame is explicitly void related. They’re not the same thing.

You want to make mages REALLY mad and feel neglected…give warlocks more special spell effect quests and glyphs while they get a new polymorph that never gets used.

Pretty much identical.

No… Shadow is part of Void. But is not strictly Void.

I’m making perfect sense. Learn the difference between Shadow and full on Void.

Nothing was retconned.

I’m sorry… how is a solid light purple color the same as fire that blends into Shadow?

You could teach them the difference between an apple and orange, I am pretty sure they are still going to say they are the same.

1 Like

Personally im not fussed.
But after seeing a thread where someone asked for shadowflame effects on mage (lol), im in full support of claiming what is rightfully ours.

It doesn’t matter because void is just shadow. Warlock and Neltharion’s shadowflames are fire and shadow.

The shadow magic that shadow priests use, and that 10.1 shadowflame is made of is explicitly void magic.

Shadow priests didn’t used to be insane void cultists. Undead used to be animated with shadow magic, now retconned to death because of the cosmology chart and later on the association with the Jailer.

Plenty was retconned.

Neltharion’s shadowflame is fire and void and this was made extremely clear in the campaign quests and the raid, not that it wasn’t clear beforehand because of the whole Deathwing thing. Why else would it have started affecting Sabellian’s mind?

Warlocks do not use this same kind of shadowflame, period. If they did it would affect their minds as much as it does Sabellian or any shadow priest, yet that hasn’t been demonstrated at any point.

Void is just shadow. The Void is a realm of shadow.

Yes and the blend of shadowflame warlocks use is not the void variety we see in 10.1. That was my entire point which seems to have flown over everyone’s heads.

Void isn’t an energy type. The Void is a realm full of shadow energy. The voidwalkers and Void Lords are shadow creatures. Stop trying to downplay my class fantasy. Shadow priests don’t have a monopoly on shadow, or void for that matter. Shadow priests had nothing to do with the Void until Legion.

I have linked you resources you refuse to read that tell you you’re wrong.

That didn’t retcon Shadow and Void. It changed a gameplay mechanic. I’d suggest learning the difference.

You seem to have a hard time reading. So reread these things please:

Shadowflame is a type of magic created from a combination of fire and shadow.

Please stop spouting misinformation. Thanks.

I honestly don’t know why you’re against a glyph that would be an option. Boggles the mind.

1 Like