Glyph of Jab - Turn Tiger Palm into a Weapon Ability

I don’t like Tiger Palm. Something about its sound effect and visual… it’s really unsatisfying to cast. I’d love to see a glyph that turns Tiger Palm back into Jab - the original filler ability the spec had in Mist; Jab was the only ability in our toolkit that used our weapons, it was cool!

17 Likes

Since about mid BFA i’ve been putting this suggestion at least once a patch through their suggestion system, no clue if anyone takes those into consideration but i would really love to see it happen.

5 Likes

Sounds awesome, would love to see it.

I’ve been asking for this for years, but I have a sinking feeling Blizz people don’t read the forums anymore : /

1 Like

Been asking for this for years. It was fine when BOK and TP were used alongside Jab but tiger palm constantly being spammed looks and feels weird.

4 Likes

It would be nice to have some ability that either uses the weapon for attacking, or uses the weapon attack animation. I did all this farming for this red scythe, and all it does is sit on my back. >:(

2 Likes

Honestly, I think it would be awesome to have a glyph that turns Fists of Fury into a series of blurred spear/staff thrusts if you have a 2H equipped.

1 Like

Bump because I still want this

4 Likes

I think the Shado-pan hero spec tree has potential to introduce weapon-themed attacks, possibly as choice nodes so monks can choose between weapon strikes or martial arts.

2 Likes

I want Jab to be Jab and Tiger Palm to be Tiger Palm again. It might just be nostalgia talking or it might just be the class was designed better then. I wonder who is more fearful to be wrong though.

1 Like

I too would like this!

2 Likes

This would be amazing. I have missed using a weapon since wod.

Pandaren have the coolest weapon stances … it’s a shame that their flagship class doesn’t use them …

1 Like

As long as its a glyph so we have the option to keep using our fists if thats what you fancy this sounds like a great idea.

3 Likes

I think it should be pretty simple, no glyph recquired.

Fist weapon mogged: punch animations with the weapon on.

Invisible fist weapon mogged: Punch animations.

Regular weapon: weapon animation.

1 Like

I would prefer a Glyph because I enjoy having swords on my monks back while just using my fists to fight. Looks cool while I still enjoy slapping my enemies. More options isn’t a bad thing while we’re making requests.

1 Like

I honestly don’t ever thought someone liked decorative swords, but I guess there is a public for everything.

1 Like

It’s almost like we had these things…

And for what it’s worth

The Monk passive ability Fighting Style causes Jab to change its icon and tooltip depending on what type of weapon is equipped, altering the Monks fighting style appearance. Damage and resource cost remain the same.

Whoever replaced Jab with Tiger Palm in the first place probably enjoys the scent of their own flatulence.

This should be a glyph only.

We are monks not rogues. If you want to swing your swords roll a rogue. If you want to kick and punch keep monk as a monk.

Now I do not object to glyph since there will always those one or two weirdos who play a UNARMED class but want to use weapons … as a UNARMED class, which is super weird but evidently there is a market for that weirdness.

You’re half right half wrong.

Monks are unique as a fistfighting class, and that uniqueness should remain, but, monks are in universe weapon experts as well. If anything, using weapons fit the monk fantasy better than some stuff our kit has (statues and summons), while warrior is the strength fighter, an armed monk could be the agi weapon user, considering there is no rogue spec that fits that criteria, or for any of the melee classes, and the transmog system already gives us flexibility in using a weapon or not, so It should be easy to implement weapon animations if the person wants a glyph or just transmog weapons.

1 Like

WHOOOAAA there partner!

You really think they have time to design a glyph for Monks when Druids still have their 9283475028936419287362893475234th unique animal form being worked on??? After that, then there’s Lock pets that take priority over your class! Know your place!

2 Likes