Glowy eyes. Why remove them?

Giving examples from different points in time:
Cata

Classic/TBCC

Early Legion

Also why did the face shape change?

And this is today

Where is the glow and why did it go away? This felt like a signature feature to elves, draenei, forsaken… heck, even alpha worgen had glowy eyes, right? It didn’t look bad in Legion. Honestly, it looked awesome.

13 Likes

They kept getting found in games of hide and seek due to flashlight eyes. Finally said enough is enough.

27 Likes

Honestly I say good riddance. Never really liked it. If they want to add it back it should be as a barber shop checkbox to enable/disable.

10 Likes

I think the last one looks best tbh. Looks more natural and too much of anything is bad.

5 Likes

The glow is still in the eyes. Honestly i like the new eye glow better since it’s a lot more natural looking then the 2d models infront of their eyes. It was kind of fake looking to me tbh.

New eye colors.

5 Likes

They still glow, it just went to “ooh magic elf” instead of “OH GOD MY INSIDES BURN”

5 Likes

I get it, but it felt very attached to the magical races. A toggle would’ve been more ideal than just outright removing it.

4 Likes

Is this your character? That’s some progression of beauty.

Next she’s going to look like Mona Lisa!

4 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:
BEST REPLY EVER!

1 Like

:heart: haha! She was my first character. Starting in Teldrassil immediately sucked me into the game.

Flashlight eyes sucked and didn’t work so well with some helms.

What I want is two blind orange eyes. They were in beta. :rage:

2 Likes

Both could be good q_q
if it became optional like the rest?

They’d have to revamp them all over again.

I didn’t like the flash light eyes. When my characters were turned a certain direction, it was just this glowy orb in front of their faces. Looked too weird.

3 Likes

Today’s looks fine imo.

No more highbeams, actual INFUSED eyes.

lmao.

1 Like

The “glow” was to hide the lack of detail in the eyes. There is detail there now so no need for the glow. Its plain and simple. It would have looked horrible without the glow before. Would have looked like a cut out with a white sheet of paper behind it.

This is 100% the honest reason. Your question has been answered

4 Likes

I kinda like flash light eyes it made Night Elves unigue.

They need to add flash light eyes as a option not to remove it.

Glowing eyes are really cool. We need option to adjust eye glowing brightness. From faint glow to Flash Light max. Don’t remove it completely if done right eyes can glow as flash lights correctly without subtracting to natural eye detail.

4 Likes

Please add em back in as a toggle. I love the flashlight eyes for all the elves.

4 Likes

How can the light that burned so brightly
Suddenly burn so pale?
Bright eyes

1 Like

How can I disappear in the night if my eyes are flashlights?

2 Likes