Gladiator Stance

Give it back.

46 Likes

Please and thank you. Maybe as prot dps I would have a single target spec finally.

7 Likes

I’m hoping with the talent tree revamp, we will be able to make a glad stance like spec.

7 Likes

I’d like to see Gladiator come back, but would welcome way more depth to the implementation this time around.

9 Likes

Yes I really hope they do

1 Like

Got my Lord of War title as Gladiator Stance and not a day has gone by since it was removed that I haven’t missed it.

Edit: actually had to win the coliseum event twice as Glad stance because early on anyone could loot the chest at the end. So the first time that I won, a rogue who was in the stands where all of the players who died respawned, hit his sprint just as the event finished and made it to the chest and looted it before I could. Blizz fixed that shortly after I believe, but I had to win it a second time to get the contents of the chest.

8 Likes

I wonder how it could be implemented with the new talent tree?

They couldn’t balance warriors in WoD when it was around, so I have absolutely no faith it would return in a viable form. It was good for Highmaul, and didn’t even scale well to the end of heroic in BRF and HFC.

On top of that, Blizzard was very adamant about it never coming back. Given the castration shamans got for APM it wouldn’t return in its original form, which is a shame all on its own.

3 Likes

Easily my most enjoyable time playing a warrior in Wow.
It seems to me they could just add a new “stance” that’s only available to Prot spec.

1. reduces threat
  2. increase shield slam damage by xx%
  3. revenge is replaced by heroic strike
  4. thunderclap damage increased

Just tweak Prot spells and abilities to be more dps focused so their isn’t a huge change to rotation.

2 Likes

It only really had high apm because ultimatum+heroic strike, both of which are gone and neither of which defined the spec. I just want to shield charge people

1 Like

It’s honestly amazing how long and how often this has been requested… and how resistant Blizzard is to providing this.

IMHO, they don’t need to make it a viable DPS choice and I think most people would be OK with that as long as that expectation is set up front… they just need to make it an option. Make it a QoL open world addition with meme appeal for raiding and I think most folks would be happy.

7 Likes

Then we make our Last Stand here. Continue to be vocal, with good constructive feedback, and keep this post topped off. They can very easily make this a viable DPS choice with proper tuning.

2 Likes

I would like to suggest making it an Arms talent to bypass all the role concerns

2 Likes

That could be interesting. A talent swapping Mortal strike w/ Shield Bash

2 Likes

give warriors back the ability to sword and board as a dps spec, it really is the only reason I level this character during WoD!

and it was AWSOME!!!

1 Like

Seriously was one of the funnest “specs” I have played in the game. If they are arguing that someone in glad stanch would que as tank then try to dps, couldn’t you do that as arms or fury now?

2 Likes

It could come back as a pvp talent.

It would help everyone in solo shuffle.

I disagree with this because it was designed as a double ended PvE talent. Despite the flak it got it was useful for a few encounters to deal with DoT/unblockable damage. (It kinda double dipped with Warlord’s Unseeing Eye later on.)

When they nerfed Gladiator Stance for PvP it still burst higher than standard Protection, but everyone switched because the damage gap was much closer, Protection was tankier, and it had the constant Magic dispel attached to Shield Slam (RIP). Ultimately, Protection was still a menace, but just less bursty. I don’t really understand the nerf at the time, since there was very clear tradeoffs between the two. (Burst/DPS vs. Utility/Tankiness)

2 Likes

I don’t post much in the forums but, I really would like to see Gladiator Stance back for the warriorsss

4 Likes

Yes
Make it a 4th spec?

4 Likes