Glad Stance is Back (AMA)

I am fully speced into haste and run this build. Should I focus on a different stat like mastery? Or crit? Right now I’m out dpsing my fury build as a haste build. But wonder can I do more if I went straight crit or something.

I went haste and slowly working my way out of some haste gear for Crit (not saying you should) I’m just testing some things and trying to make build variations good.

I really don’t like my Crit being low and we do get bonuses to Crit from Wild Strike (attack speed) Crushing Force (10% Shield Slam dmg) Battering Ram (Shield Charge) Execute (Cruel Strikes) if going sudden death build.

I also am liking Sword and Board now for a PvP talent from a Dps stand point and synergy but really don’t like my Crit being low and using it. Think the Talent pops more if I have a better base Crit.

I might run Into the Fray to make up for lost Haste on Gear to get more Crit. I have gemmed/Enchanted Mastery. Attack power is amazing, the more Mastery we have the better benefit Str is.

Atm it’s hard to get to all the stats we need. We need Epic gear, enchants, Tier and armor sockets. This Spec is a build that really shines with more stats.

With that said a lot will come down to personal preference and play style. What you want to hit hard and what is giving you trouble.

Word! I do think a high crit might actually benefit some. I have the honor stocked to buy the crit honor items but don’t want to if it’s not viable. Big crit damage more often versus steady whittle with burst. Thanks for the build man.

1 Like

Forgot to mention sword and board is excellent. Also I dropped the titan throw for a different talent as I found myself not using it. I miss my wrecking throw to shatter bubbles though.

1 Like

In full pvp gear, I am struggling to get above 11% crit, 15% haste, and 15% mastery. I have 16% verse and 12% leech.

Not sure what I am missing or could do better — I went for mostly haste pieces when I could. An Goblin, so I need to run pvp trinket instead of two dps trinks.

In instanced PvP? That’s can’t be right. You can hit the PvP dummy in Val to check.

I’m at 16% Crit (B-stance), 17% Haste, 24% Mastery and 27% Versa.

I have 565k HP unbuff. I’m using +102 stam +33 Mastery gems in neck I have 3.

You were right, I was staring at just open world stats. They are higher when pvp gear kicks in.

I do find myself mopping the floor when I am facing certain caster classes though (shadow priest in particular). Not sure if this is just a downside to the spec, or a learn to play issue. Magic dmg seems to rip through even ignore pain.

1 Like

S priest are S tier and super strong. I can’t really comment to much yet cause I need to fight good ones in competitive PvP. You definitely want to get Demo up on them before they start CC chaining. Another option is running Shield Bash for 15% more reduction if their damage is oppressive. Fighting these specs I know the burst is coming so I try to bank extra rage into IP’s.

If you can rotate and get good uptime of Demo or Shield bash and force them defensive your chances are good and your IP isn’t being eaten up as bad.

1 Like

Shadow Priest are def hard to beat. A good ice mage can shut the spec down. Magic does feel like it rips. I use the spell block talent and the upgraded version to send damage back to them.

Rebound? I’m pretty sure that only works for Spell Reflect. Spell Block literally allows you to block spells as if they were a physical attack.

I have a hard time remembering the names of everything, forgive me.

We are on the board. Despite some last minute nerfs to work around we press on. Got my weapon and capped for the week. Ima try some RBGs coming up time for dinner.

https://imgur.com/a/iVIn30R

Taking another hit on the 20th with another 20% nerf, this time to Shield Slam. They have at least one eye on us.

I mean they had both eyes on us since Beta really. There was a 1 shot Shield Slam vid on Beta. Which is unfortunate now heavy handed nerfs come in that make no sense. The game is gonna be no fun for everyone pretty quickly if this keeps up.

There really was no reason for the PvE tank nerfs not to mention the PvP ones. Then again everyone seems to be getting nerfed too which might just remove any fun from PvP for the sake of balance. Which never works out to good PvP.

It’s also 20% nerf to Rend too. I am kinda baffled by these changes and it tells me they don’t know how to balance or fix Prot in a way to get the effect they want.

Shield Slam hits like a wet noodle outside of CDs and Outburst. Nerfing it’s base damage makes no sense. They should nerf brace for impact stacks, outburst, punish, or any of the other million modifiers.

If anything they should buff base Shield slam damage by 25% and nerf modifiers to promote healthier game play where there are no huge burst gimmicks. I’m not sure how they don’t get this?

Furthermore I don’t think the Devs understand how PvP works. Stuff hits hard because of Trinket/Procs/CDs/Talent synergy and using everything together to burst. Nerfing base dmg just make people line more CDs and talents to work around the changes leading to worse PvP and more burst.

2 Likes

They really don’t know what to do with tanks and dps plate wearers in general for PvP. They are suposed to be slower but more resiliente in battle, but people won’t stop crying because they can’t one shot everything, so now blizz is doing everything to demotivate tanks in pvp and slowly turning all dps specs in glass cannons, which makes no sense since i thought they were trying to avoid another burst meta.

2 Likes

Thats easy. If I look at my meters from a live match, Shield Slam and Rend are my top two damage dealers (not including melee/devastate combo). So those were the lowest hanging fruit, taking the least amount of brain power to adjust.

1 Like

This just causes more problems. It gonna make me play more burst oriented builds around CD’s. So the meters won’t be padded anymore. Nerf Rend fine…maybe I’ll spec out of bleeds and do more direct damage.

Just really hate that it’s a CD trading world. That’s why WotLK PvP feels so good. No CD’s just do damage. Really would love them to tone down modifiers and focus on base damage. They should be buffing base damage.

2 Likes

ive been running a glad build and having fun but it does seem kinda op in casual pvp
are you gonna adjust talents after this nerf away from rend?

Nah it’s not OP or even close. Dps are doing way more damage. Prot/Glad needs some major buffs not nerfs.

I still use Rend just dropped bloodborne because why try to bolster it anymore.

Blizz clearly hates the idea of Prot playing as a Dps even though Tanks are Dps now in Solo Shuffle. So think whatever I come up with they will just keep nerfing till I stop playing. Which is a shame. I was going to resurrect the old Prot/Glad Youtube channel but there isn’t a point now.

I’d like Blizz and the Devs to get on board with Tanks in PvP and Dps Glad stance builds. The Devs need to stop fighting this. We want it.

Shield Slam doesn’t hit hard enough now so the 20% nerf is backwards. It needs to be buffed by 20% not nerfed. It needs to be hitting 125-150k. Highest I had was 103k in Arena last night managed to get a hard fought win but it’s just not enough compared too Dps doing way way way more dmg.

Buffs we need

• Shield Slam base damage buffed by 40%
  • Shield Slam dispel back again
  • Tank increase damage reduced from 60% down too 30%
  • Ignore pain buffed back too 55% and per cast buff as well as cap raised too 40% HP
  • Revenge base damage buffed by 20%
  • Root break - cc immunity with Shield Charge

Think talent trees have give us some fun options but we are moving in the wrong direction and need the buffs above to be competitive and for the Devs to join us in wanting to play Glad stance and be as effective as Dps in PvP.

If the Devs are gonna keep it weak I’ll just play another game probably till they change their views. Prot/Glad needs to be Rank 1 competitive and competitive against other Dps at 2400MMR. Period.

If I can’t play Prot/Glad and do competitive damage as a Dps, then no reason to play :slight_smile: Hope the Devs read that.

1 Like

Some thoughts I posted in GD. They gotta start helping Tank design.