Glad Stance is Back (AMA)

I did create this Arena thread with Glad Stance being back and have been enjoying it in PvP/PvE. Has a compilation of some pics. I did help create the original Glad Stance guide in 6.1 and likely will make a detailed build guide coming up.

This morning did have a fun BG where I was owning it up and tanking people at mine while picking Dps off 1 by 1 as I kill them while the healer is in CC. Did 1 shot a Rogue with 131k Shield Charge.
https://imgur.com/a/90DTZGA

So just thought I’d make a thread here in the warrior forums for any questions on build/gearing for anyone looking for something different to play.

As I get Epic geared I actually want to test the build in M+ but running it with another Tank so I’d fill a Dps spot. I think this could be really fun which would allow for even better Dps talent/gear options since you can drop the Tank talents/mitigation. (also maybe bigger pulls)

Glad stance was the best Dps spec to ever grace the game. While Blizz has been reluctant to fully add it back. They did give us options and so far it’s been fun.

8 Likes

what’s the secondary stat prio? and are there certain times you choose talents for FCing rather thank the big damage? also an import of the glad stance talents would be appreciated. Also how do you get such meaty hits with shield charge?

1 Like

Here is my character so the current build is there.

Atm hard to get the stats you need for PvP as there is too much Versa on gear in the way. For maximum damage you are going to need Crit/Haste/Mastery for talent to work properly.

You obviously want Crit because we have Crit bonuses too Shield Slam and Shield Charge where their crits do more damage. Also Crit helps uptime of Wild strikes which is important for auto attack speed.

The reason why Auto attack speed is important is because Devastator is attached and with Instigate talent you do more dmg and have smooth rage generation as well as frequent reset of Shield Slam.

Shield Charge starts to pump with gear and taking the bottom keystones. The 20% dmg and 20% more Crit damage is what causes it to scale. Then you want to line up Avatar and Booming voice. Which is 40% more damage. I’m also poping my on use Trinket.

I don’t really focus on FCing at least not yet and well that is more of a Tank discussion not a Glad stance one. With that said even for Glad stance Battle Scarred veteran is a must. It’s such a good talent and cheat death. Not to mention healing is doubled so Impending victory is a 60% heal. Or healthstones or potions are doubled. So 3rd wind is a full heal.

You probably want to pick up the Tanking Ring I’m wearing. Not sure if it will be nerfed but it’s an 82k Absorb in BGs. Got it yesterday and began testing it.

3 Likes

I see you are running Bloodbourne. is there any reason you aren’t running thunderous roar with thunderous words to stack the bleed damage? instead of shockwave or shield charge

Hey, I’ve really been interested in leveling and playing prot pvp warrior this expansion but would love a little bit more information. What does your typical rotation look like? Charge, shield slam, revenge, shield block rinse, repeat? Thanks for the info!

It would be nice to run this and maybe could go to this if enough Haste/Mastery. Just can’t at this time because other talents are better and in Prot tree bloodborne just is a flat Dps increase even without thunderous.

These are our best damaging abilities and offer great situational utility. I’ve had 80k Shockwaves. Furthermore the utility on it is great because of the 16 yard range. You can turn and blast everyone in a direction doing Aoe burst. While rooted can still pick off those ranged casters.

Shield Charge is the main ability in our build and our highest damage attack. It just synergizes with too much and the source of so much rage and helping other talents. Not to mention it often hits over 100k. Also offers a 3rd charge with no minimum range.

Charge, shield slam, Tclap spread bleeds. Revenge spread deep wounds. Depending on situation start getting IP stacks up to smooth out any damage and offer protection in case CCed. Shield block on CD. Dump rage into IP before Shield Charge since it gives free Shield Block, Revenge and rage.

I Tclap often when it comes off CD also to keep targets perma rooted. (No DR) I run the Thunderstruck PvP talent. It’s amazing and keeps druids, EFCs or anyone from ever getting away.

Ideally line Avatar, booming voice with Shockwave and Shield Charge main target.

1 Like

Stoked for servers to come up so I can try this out. I played as much as I could during WoD and absolutely loved glad stance. Had some RL stuff coming about that limited my time to play. Glad to see other fellow warriors still carrying the torch and board.

3 Likes

Yea I’m seeing some other having success with variations of the builds too. So that is promising there are options to Glad in the other threads.

I don’t get it. Im fully pvp geared and I’m not doing nowhere near the damage you’re saying. Rend is doing most of my damage. Can’t 1v1 anything, self heals just negates my damage. I’m missing something

You gemmed/enchanted (not that it’s everything but adds up)
What is your build (link your character maybe I can spot what is wrong)

Couple people have variations my burst come from Shockwave, Shield Charge and Outburst Shield Slam. Even Tclap can do decent dmg with Avatar up 30-40k.

You want to burst during Avatar/Booming which is 40% damage so our hard hitter go hard. I also use Trinket as well. Also most people miss it but Unstoppable force also increases Shockwave. So lead off with that to Aoe stun control then Shield Charge your kill target.

Also the more damage we do only helps with our healing for Leech, IP or Fueled.

Ohhh almost forgot to mention but hope you aren’t in D stance. It still has the 20% dmg nerf from Arms and hasn’t been fixed yet in PvP. So gotta be in B stance and maybe 1 of these things is what you are missing?

Bah all good just loss 10 BGs in a row as horde that was enough for me to cancel my sub

1 Like

Dang that sucks. Well we all go through that, I cancelled when the launch was botched but now made enough gold to get a token and keep it rolling. Maybe you will find some fun before it ends decide to stick around. After I got through that mess I started having fun.

Tried the build and its super fun! Just wish we had it officially back :confused:

1 Like

How are you feeling about the PVP nerfs? also are there any variations on your talents or stat prio for Arena.

Least nerfed of the Tanks and Prot War’s core tool kit is strong. The 25% nerf to Shield Charge I could see coming as it hits very hard and with right gear/set up can really get it up there. The 10% too Booming is interesting though like not sure of their intention there (was it to stop CD lining causing burst? perhaps)

Anyways Booming still good for Rage in tough situations. I have messed with some variations today where I don’t take it though and will gain probably 400-500 str instead due to other talents so just getting the damage all the time.

Yea I mean Intervene is great obviously and probably needed. PvP talent option could be Shield Bash if you really want to take out a Dps damage. So between Demo at 25% and Bash at 15% you can just really stop a Dps burst.

Honestly talent choices will depend heavily on comp your playing and what your team needs.

I know some will play Spear but I just don’t want to bring myself to that and hope they get rid of it at some point. Nerfs probably coming to spear anyways after they hit Abomlimb. I still enjoy Shockwave build just great control with the kit.

Some things could change with more gems, Mastery and attaining really high attack power. The good news is a lot of options.

Do you have any video of prot warrior PvP gameplay?
I really only run into guardian druids and the occasional prot paladin so I have a hard time believing that prot warrior is so crazy.

Not calling you a liar ofc, just haven’t seen it yet yk?

I don’t currently just been having fun. However I might resurrect my old Prot/Glad Youtube channel as I did guides and covered it in WoD.

I mean it’s to our advantage no one knows what to expect and so they end up getting globaled. As you can see though plenty of pics of damage.

Funny enough ended up in a BG with Swifty earlier guess his new name is Swiffy. He’s got a different take on builds and seems to be doing just fine as well. He does run Spear.

Yea might catch on now as other Tanks got nerfed and players trying out new stuff. Oddly enough people just play Meta or what is known so they don’t realize there are other great options so end up playing Bear cause there are a million Bear threads. Or Prot Pal.

So I did Ashran and got the AA and then the Massacre began lol. I had a blast just mowing everything down. Just a fun pic and Epics don’t really count cause of crazy buffs but… still.
https://imgur.com/a/Esv9OYa

With that said I did do my Arena Skirm weekly. Haven’t lost a Skirm this expansion yet. Met a nice Evoker but they died a few times to the usual Double Rogue or Rogue/Mage and I 1v2 them. The Rogue/Fire Mage did get my cheat death but I dealt with the Rogue then reset and it’s only a matter of time. Between the Bleeds and fast CDs the Mage had no options.

Figure I’d post on this guy some since he’s the one doing the Glad stance.

Just had a fun EoTS went 18-0 with 17mil damage.
https://imgur.com/a/q3XCHkv

Funny right before this too I joined a late loss other team had a premade and got farmed and I died a few times forgot to switch into my PvP set/build. Protip for PvP make sure you got the right set on lol.

With recent slated nerf to shield charge on pvp (25% dmg reduction) do you think this new glad stance playstyle will survive?

It’s just a nerf to high end burst which I was expecting. I mean it hits really hard. Think the highest I’ve had without zerker or other buffs is 131k. We are in blue gear. It only would go up from there and scales exceptionally well due to the Crit dmg modifier with other % dmg.

So they just wanted to nip this in the bud now. If they didn’t nerf it now it would be a problem latter. I can’t even be too upset about it.

With that said Shield Charge is just one thing. It’s what happens after Shield Charge that is important. Our blazing attack speed, sustain and other big hitters that have great synergy in our builds.

With that said I have been leaning away from booming voice now. Also might mess with a sudden death build to compliment everything if I talent out of it for more sustain and pressure. There are plenty of options. Our damage is more than fine still have high burst.