Glad is not free this season

Ya, he wants the meme from the office where it says, “corporate wants us to find the difference between these two pictures” with the two pictures being draconic and unchained drakes. The next panel would be, “theyre the same picture”.

?

9 Likes

He could have done that himself man. Why you taking orders from him?

2 Likes

me looking around for my free glad 500 3s games into lfg hell

2 Likes

I’d be curious if its even allowed? Like some teams in AWC are a part of orgs while some are not, meaning some could easily be provided coaches without having to spend any of their own money (the org would provide the coach or the money for the coach) while the non-org teams would have to field and pay for their own. The disparity between org teams and non org teams is much bigger in WoW esports than other esports due to how infrequent tournaments are and how much less viewership those tournaments generate compared to other esports. Also my guess is most teams just use whoever their sitting player is as their coach essentially, but it isn’t the same ofc.

I’d be curious to know why there aren’t any if the above isn’t an actual reason though for sure. Like could liquid technically pay someone like Venruki to just coach their team?

they could yeah but the issue then becomes finding a player of the same caliber of the members of the team

wow changes so significantly so often that players like venruki who only really play casually anymore wouldn’t really have any useful information the way old time league champions do

half of vens streams are him qing retail asking what abilities he’s never seen are or musing over comps that are at this point meta staples but he’s never seen

ven also loves to play a random b-tier spec or comp in noob mmr and call out out OP it is lol

Can confirm, glad is harder then heck when ur not playing a good comp… When playing a good comp however its insane…

1 Like

Sad to see you give up swole I was rooting for you

I’m too tired buddy. I queued so many games (around 500 in a week) that I’m exhausted and playing worse. If there was more time I’d keep pushing.

Maybe next xpac.

Yes it is. For every pres evoker. It was 100% guaranteed free gladiator

I might try pres this weekend. It low-key looks fun.

Getting glad is all about how many friends you got and how good they are at wow pvp. Its a game of social skills and having no free time

Nothing is really stopping it from AWC beyond team ego. I coached Berly & Rezuz end of BFA & early SL for AWC and they did really well. You just won’t get credited with anything behind the scenes unless the team actively speaks for you and/or pays you for the time. I think coaches are really important for AWC but R1 egos will stop it from being a thing frankly.

I’d argue TL has a coach on their team in Mes. Barely plays but does the behind the scenes thought processing. Even cdew gave him credit for that.

If it was more prominent I think AWC would be WAY more interesting.

it is, up until you get cycloned on communion
or you come out of cyclone and then press rewind and it does nothing
:dracthyr_uwahh_animated:

1 Like

Once you hit 2300. If you put a minimum cr. Nobody joins for HOURS. Literally 3 or 4 hours. If you don’t put a minimum cr. It’s just people at 2k or below wanting a free carry. When you finally break down and start settling for low CR people, they just die in the first global, don’t even press their buttons. It’s abysmally unfun. I’d rather wait in 40 min ques in solo shuffle than deal with LFG.

2 Likes

Pretty much this. All you have to do is theory craft and find out this is an issue.

If you two queue together you’ll get glad. :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated: Quickly, now.

2 Likes

We’d still have to find a healer and play a couple hundred rounds. It’s not possible without getting boosted by Remi, which I refuse to do because I’m not you.

1 Like