Giving blood elves a black skin tone is a bit lazy

So we just gunna pretend like white tiger doesn’t exist? The extension of BP ,the white son of Wakanda king Tchaka? Not all Africans are black dude.

Have you seen Alexstraza?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQV2MLHFYFg

Literally she is one since wotlk.

It’s a ingame retcon. Like how we got new skin colors for void elves… or night elves, or goblins, or worgen… they were always there, just updated ingame.

I’m not sure a dragon wearing a skinsuit counts as a natural elf.

…I don’t have many feelings about the existence of dark elf skin but c’mon.

1 Like

She ripped her appearance off of a humanoid race that already existed? So… Alestraza was our first dark blood elf model in game, besides undead grey skin slyvannas.

Arguably her skin is a weird pure shade of red that doesn’t fall into the realm of “normal human palette”.

Also, dragon mortal forms are known to have, like… blue hair and stuff. Their forms aren’t limited to “natural” appearances.

Yeah but the whole point of their alternate forms is to mimic mortal races that they feel kinship towards - like Ysera being a kaldorei and Chromie being a gnome. In other words they typically mimic things that exist.

Yes but we add in some brown and we get a similar pallete. As melanin adds light absorption and light works that way. She has red due to her dragonflight but ingame the pallete shows some brown…

yeah lore can take a back seat in this instance. its the year 2020 and people love expressing themselves, even in video games. its nothing but positive for the game.

1 Like

People are really complaining about diversity in 2020? Jesus Christ people, have fun beating your wife for her pot pie being slightly cold.

1 Like

I want Blizz to admit that their past lore for elf skin color wasn’t particularly inclusive more than I was Blizz to claim that elves were always every human shade and that we’re bad, awful people for ever talking about this.

When Classic: BC comes out, those character creation options for elves will be much more limited again…

I mean they updated the customization to other races. Humans, gnomes, mechagnomes, dwarves, void elves, and blood elves. I find I am playing more dwarves and gnomes now. Tbh. Love the darker skin tones. I hope they add more later shades like indian demographics, more african tribes etc, some softer browns like asians/native american.

Your premise is flawed from the first point.

Excerpt from Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects, page 172-173.

Devil tilted her head, analyzing. “Honestly sir, I cannot think why. He seems completely cowed, and the woman says it is very important. I do not think they are planning to harm you in any way, but I cannot even hazard any other guess. It is puzzling.” A frown marred the beauty of her dark-skinned face . Devi did not like puzzles.

There are dark skinned blood elves. This book came out in 2012.

We’ve caught up to the point in Warcraft where the lore is now new and changing. The skin tone and elf race shouldn’t bother you unless you’re a role player, and if you’re a role player then figure something out — perhaps you’re half elf/half human. Perhaps a new energy source has changed your complexion. After all, didn’t the blood elves lose their darker complexion because of the sun well? And now the sun well functions off of a sacrificed Naru (spelling? Idk my lore that well), so maybe you could argue your complexion has changed. Blizz should just combine the elf races and let you customize to tell your own story. The amount of elf races is getting a little ridiculous.

another example of modern game companies being forced to add different skin colors for every human in order to avoid the backlash by SJWs.

That looks more like a Dwarfven Elf to me. Just needs a beard.

“But the lore!”

That argument went out the window years ago. Blizzard doesn’t care much about the lore anymore. They just use it as a convenient excuse sometimes when they can’t or won’t do something.

1 Like

there’s also the media pressure of today’s age in western games where if there isn’t dark skin in their character creation a minority of people will flip out and boycott the company.
regardless of if it fits the lore or not.

how bout this
https://puu.sh/GKWZ2/60b65cd464.png

1 Like

I doubt that’s much of a factor, but every company nowadays wants to look at inclusive as possible. Not that it’s a bad thing, it just is what it is.