Give Worgen Tails (Part 1)

How are people supposed to know when a Worgen is happy if they don’t have a tail to wag???

1 Like

When asked blizz said they made that one from scratch like the Kul tiran rig.

Zandalari were a night elf rig until they made the player one which is the Darkspear model modified actually.

2 Likes

Ah that’s right saurok exist with the frame…knew I forgot one. Still sad though how they’re just taunting us with these races using worgen frames and got tails but are so stubborn about letting worgen have optional tails.

3 Likes

It’s cause Blizzard messed up. Cataclysm’s release was the downfall of the Worgen due to time constraints and the lack of planning on Blizzard’s part. Most of Cataclysm beta we didn’t have access to the female Worgen model and had only seen the alpha look of the model. This model had a number of hair looks and while it looked a bit thin in face it looked like a solid start for the concept art we had been given. These models never made it to beta. A small group came in and said the model didn’t look vicious enough and with less than a month to go Blizzard scrapped the work and slapped together the abomination that no one wanted or liked. The feedback on the model was terrible but with Cataclysm’s release less than weeks away Blizzard didn’t have time to change the model and let it go out with the rest of the expansion. It was the only time in the games history where the male and female models of a race didn’t feel like the same race and the model was so bad no one wanted to play female Worgen. So for 10 years we had hardly anyone playing the race and Blizzard put us on the back burner. We are to this day the only Core race in the game with no racial revamp like every other core race got. If anything, the way the number of players using female Worgen rose, should be rather obvious to Blizzard after the HD rework of the Worgen model but the damage was done by then. So now we wait and continue to request optional tails and will do so despite how we are treated.

5 Likes

Here’s one thing that bothers me still, so after getting the gilneas reclamation done I’ve been using the new outfit’s hat on this lock… logged into the character dozens of times and it’s still never showing up here. I mean just…wow… they’re sitting on their hands about giving worgen the option of a tail and the new armor may as well be buggy with no intent to fix that? I look like a wicked vulpera count in game but here…yeah idk anymore. Why let Horde use the skin if you’re not going to let it be shown on us for here on the forums? Is my vulpera not allowed a monocle and top hat like how apparently they are taking their time maybe getting around to giving worgen nice things again? Oh and supposedly the next patch more customization are being added but it may just be neon hair colors for Kul’tiran that nobody asked for…so… yeah wow…

2 Likes

I still wonder what things would be like if they just kept that model.
It looked so much better.

4 Likes

I forgot this was such a massive community demand. I wonder why it takes blizzard so long to respond to easy customization options like this.

8 Likes

Cause they don’t understand a third of their player base.

4 Likes

‘A third of their playerbase’ sounds like an overestimation of size to make it look like this is a massively demanded thing across the game.

It ain’t.

1 Like

I was referring to people more interested in Lore, RP and general character stuff.

7 Likes

this thread are more of 15800 post and Blizzard It makes fun of our requests, it is the thread with the most posts and this is the situation in our community.

2 Likes

And it will stay that way till we get our optional tails.

4 Likes

We’re in this for the long haul, our campaign to get at least optional tails for our worgen and more love in general for them shall not cease till our requests are met. We’re not going to suddenly stop anytime soon Blizz

5 Likes

Any word Blizzard?

They probably know that making an April Fools’ joke about adding Worgen tails wouldn’t go over well (at least I hope so, anyway). When they made an April Fools’ joke about Tinkers, the joke was that they were going to add “Tinker Leakers” rather than “Tinkers.” If Blizzard were to go “We’re adding tails to Worgen. Joke, April Fools’, gotcha LOL,” the forums would probably erupt in bitter arguments and we have enough of that already with recent discussions of FOMO erupting into big fights for some reason.

It would probably be worse than the reactions to the Dracthyr joke and the Dracthyr joke was already taking things a little too far.

Tarasek use the Worgen frame as well, and they also have tails.

I wonder if Blizzard is punishing the Worgen player base for not having more people play the race… I mean it’s not like the female model was an abomination that people hated for it 10 year span and most people said they refused to play with the model in its sad former state. Naw, must be Worgen players don’t pay as much for subs and there for are punished for it with a lack of anything good for the race other than the occasional joke.

Oh wait Classic Cataclysm is coming out… for the love of everything that is holy I hope Blizzard is not about to 2.0 the mistake of the Abomination again.

That is weird, because I definitely see plenty of Worgen players out in the world. Many more than I see Dwarves, either type of Gnomes, Pandas…

it would be cool if Blizzard would let us know the real breakdown of races per player.

1 Like

Oh yeah! I forgot about the new ones! lol Technically the Refti too though its literally the Sethrak modifications.

Yeah the dracthyr joke was cruel, worgen’s request for optional tails should never be made into a joke. It was going too far and I hope the writer behind that joke got reprimanded.

3 Likes

Eh. As ‘cruel’ as the joke was…and yes, it was a dash of salt on an open wound…it did give us an indication that the developers are aware of our request, and our dissatisfaction with their response to it. Severely lacking as it is.

I think it might be going too far to suggest a reprimand for the person responsible for the joke’s implementation. I’d rather those responsible for deciding not to give us the customizations we seek had a fire put under their seats…as it were.

#GiveWorgenTailOptions

1 Like