Give Worgen Tails (Part 1)

Give worgen flails!

Give Worgen Optional tails and Optional flails.

4 Likes

Maybe one day they’ll give us tails. I personally wouldn’t use a tail on my worgen, but I still want the option for those that do. I don’t understand how hard it’d be to just re-skin a tail from the Tarasek/Saurok since those tails blend in VERY nicely with the skeleton.

People clamored for blue eyes on blood elves for OVER a decade before it came. People just need to keep bringing it up to Blizzard and telling them that it’s something that the playerbase wants, and eventually they’ll cave. Simply giving up isn’t how you get it.

5 Likes

It’s just been a really long time, most people that have asked for that stuff years ago likely aren’t even playing anymore.

Granted, players that leave might come back if they see something they really wanted, be added into the game.

I’m sure a lot of Alliance came back to play Void Elves, they’re still the most popular allied race if I recall. Makes sense, as Blood Elves are (still) the most popular race in WoW.

They literally just have to make the tail and adjust for some animation for it.

It’s actually already there right now on the skeleton it just doesn’t have a texture. (you can see it with both Saurok and Saberon and Sethrak models that do use that part of the Skeleton.)

8 Likes

That’s like saying a Tauren with a tail is too close to a Draenei with a tail, totally different.

Vulpera are cute little ankle biters, Worgen are fierce and go for the throat, very different creatures.

I think the Worgen race is due for their optional tails as part of a much larger race customization upgrade. They’ve suffered with docked tails long enough.

12 Likes

I already think this game has too many elves, lol. They’re too close to each other as-is.

I have a Worgen. And I think them being tailless is unique for a furry race, I just like them as they are.

Do we really need two canine humanoid races? Nah, I don’t think we do.

Easier said than done. They gotta do animations for tails when wearing cloaks, riding mounts, casting spells and more.

1 Like

Thats
not that hard? They have several of those animations mostly complete. It’d be a fairly simple thing to add tails as it stands right now.

Thats why the request is for Optional Tails For Worgen.

You wouldn’t have to worry about it and people who do want to use it could. Everyone wins.

12 Likes

Tails for Worgen please, and longer manes that blow in the wind!

3 Likes

Vulpera are Vulpes Vulpes
Worgen are Canis Lupus

You’re going to get your ankle savaged if you call a Vulpera a canine :slight_smile:

8 Likes

quietly looking through a how to cook tauren ankle cookbook
Oh um
 nothing to see here
Give worgen optional tails yeah.

3 Likes

Optional tails for Worgen, then all other races should get optional tails as well.

I’ll be a Gnome walking around with a tail.

I don’t see why not.

Worgen though should have the option for sure since they’re a wolf like humanoid and it fits well with them.

8 Likes

Since day one, I’ve always loved them tailless, thought it was more fitting because Humans don’t have tails.

They aren’t your typical werewolves, and never were.

Any time a Worgen has been depicted with a tail, it’s been an honest mistake, because that’s not how they’re supposed to be.

Where does the tail go when they turn back into Humans, up in the butt? Lol.

I just don’t like it, same as how y’all don’t like Worgen without tails.

If I’d want a tail that badly, I’d just roll a race that has one- there’s several already. Again, Vulpera are short, but already similar, but they have huge tails. Go play of those.

I love my tailless Worgen, if they added tails it’d feel weird to me, like having a tail accessory for any Human-like race. Because that’s how they’ve been, since 14 years ago when they were added to the game.

1 Like

Humans do have tails, its just been reduced to a small section of vestigial bone. Some humans are in fact born with small vestigial tails even.

So this just isn’t entirely accurate at all for one and for two a transformation into a half wolf half man creature could easily have the option for a tail. Not every worgen needs to be the same.

So far only when Genn had a tail was it an “honest mistake”. Hearthstone and several other concept artworks regularly show Worgen with Tails.

Either way its not like adding an optional tail would change anything for anyone except it would allow the option for a tail. Its silly to be particularly against it. Just don’t use it if you don’t want to.

Probably the same place the fifth finger goes when they turn into worgen

Thats such a weird hill to die on right there. rofl.

I actually had no intention of ever using the tail option until a year or so into this I started to like the idea just because folk didn’t. I’ve always supported worgen having the tail option cause I don’t see any reason why not, it just wasn’t something I was going to use until my good old fashioned sense of spite kicked in. lol

Now I intend to use it on all my Worgen.

This is also a weird argument. “Go play something else that isn’t what you want.” lol

Then don’t use the optional tail and nothing changes for you and everyone who wants a tail gets to enjoy it. Win win.

10 Likes

Almost 16k posts, I feel like Blizzard is waiting for that 20k mark. They probably have an office poll going with like a weeks paid vacation up as the prize for whoever can guess the post count when they eventually give in to Worgen tails.

8 Likes

I’m sure one of these days blizzard will actually do something for players that might actually make them happy.

3 Likes

This is just a nonsensical and disingenuous statement, in no way are other non animal like races equivalent to getting tails the same way as Worgen.

Having a tail option doesn’t change this

I have to ask, are Orcs weird for you now since they got straight back options? It makes them look quite different from what they looked like on release.

Ah, we can chalk up another for selfishness.

9 Likes

Somewhat, upright orcs’ armor doesn’t sit right on them, and they have a few animations that look wonky on an upright model.

I’ve always been a no-tail Worgen fan, and I don’t want people playing other furry races to ‘ruin’ them for me.

Optional or not, it’s just an option I don’t want to have, because seeing a Worgen with a tail doesn’t make me want to play it anymore.

To me, it’s like sticking a tail on a Gnome- as far as I know, they’ve never had one.

And again, if they were depicted as such, it was a mistake.

Worgen aren’t your typical werewolves, they are different.

It even says on the wikia, the curse does not cause them to grow a tail, this is just how they were meant to be since inception.

Also: Christie Golden on Twitter (2018-06-18).​ “1) Sharp eyes have caught a slipup in Before the Storm–unlike Genn, I’m only human. I mistakenly pinned a tail on the worgen. @Llorewalker caught it & we thought we’d docked all the tails, but missed one, so there is a vestigial tail in the book. So no, worgen don’t have tails.”

Like ya’ll, I’m fighting for what I want too lol. And that’s for them to remain as they are.

1 Like